Need a little more latency with a firewire interface

Background is –
My Asio starts breaking up at around 50%, I put this down partly to the 64 bit drivers for my Konnekt.
I have always just used the meter as a scale, so I know that it breaks up at 50% and keep it below that point, and my Pc passes Dpclat with an absolute max of 75us on last run even with the background stuff running, so no problem there.

I have just reached that point again in my latest ditty and thought I would search for a solution.
For me the effect is marginal but it has removed asio overload spikes on a project that had them before, I do not see the larger effect offered in the thread, which refers to laptops, but there is a slight improvement in my case.
It involves regedit, so run now if it’s all to much, a certain level of tech sense is required.

1. open the System Information utility (msinfo32.exe) , type it in the run box.
  2. Go to System Summary\Hardware Resources\IRQs, and find IRQ number for “1394 OHCI compliant host” or similar.
  3. open Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl.
    4.Create a new DWORD in above and name it “IRQ#Priority” where # is the number in step 2.
  4. Double-click the new value, and enter a number for its priority. Enter 1.
  5. Close regedit and reboot.

That is all I did for maximum gain with no ill effects yet — This thread does more but I could not see any improvement with the other settings, though many thanks to Olivier Sens.

http://sensomusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2463
Hope it works for somebody else and post experiences if you try it.

Interesting.

Will check this out.

Thanks for posting.
:nerd:
QuBe.