Remote Control Editor discussion

Can someone using 7 simply search the operation manual for string “Generic Remote”?

I don’t see an option for generic remote in the Remote Control Editor pull down. This is a big shame…

Even if there was: how does C7 determine which plugin is controlled by which remote hardware?

I don’t get the concept behind this…

Do I assign one dedicated hardware to exactly one plugin, another hardware to another plugin. Hardware doesn’t control focused plugins dynamically? I don’t get it…

You can have multiple remotes to control various aspects of cubase including plugins, the mixer and program functions by MIDI channel and/or by template.

Im Talking about the New Remote Controller Editor.
Im Not Talking about Multiple generic remotes.

How does the New Remote Controller Editor work? How does c7 determine which plugin is controlled when, by which hardware?

Seems to only work for supported devices Nuage, MC-5, Artist Series and WK-Audio.

Manual says:

1. Click the L button on the toolbar to activate Learn mode for the editor.

2. In the editor, select the control that you want to assign to a plug-in parameter.

A colored frame around a control shows that this control has the Learn focus.

1. Click on a parameter on the plug-in panel.

This assigns that parameter to the control

P.S. You can also double-click on a control in the editor to open the list of available plug-in parameters, and click a parameter to assign it to the control.

The manual info is VERY sparse and makes little mention of required hardware. The SB YouTube video does mention Mackie control (I have an mcu pro) but doesn’t mention anything about how to connect things up. I see no way to get it to work.

-Rich

What about Standard Layout?

No luck with standard layout either.

-Rich

can anyone provide any details?

hi guys…i have the horrible suspect that the Remote Controller Editor may just be a special “GUI” for the plugin (ie you still have to set up your hardware controller in the Generic Remote setup page), since I don’t see any MIDI IN/OUT option in the Remote Controller Editor (and that should apply also to Houston, Mackie, Avid, etc).

I have to try a bit better, but i fear it’s not what I (we??) had expected: something “a la” Presonus Studio one, ie I map my hardware controller to the Remote Controller Editor knobs/switch and that’s all I have to do to connect the hardware to the software side - everything else is done within the host, I can create a map for any plugin which is automatically connected trough the Remote Controller Editor to my hw controller as I open the GUI…

Really hope to be proven wrong, i have a BCR2000 sitting on a shelf and taking dust…dloaded Cubase 7 installer before upgrading just to peek in the manual, and the new Remote Controller Editor was one of the main reason to jump on the upgrade! :unamused:

@Helge: it would be nice to add Generic Remote Q&A to the sticky post about common one… :wink:

ciao,
Goyya

What would that be good for? We already have “MIDI device” panels, that would be redundant then…

What the heck, I somehow feel tricked now. “We listen to you and we delivered”, “supports xyz right out of the box” meaning abc not IN the box can be integrated. “It cant get any easier”… Nobody knows how things are supposed to work, the manual doesn’t help, several PMs to Marcus, EdDoll, JHP etc were ignored…

HELLOOOOO?

Yes, the BCR2000 and BCF2000 are the most sold MIDI-controllers in the world afaik.
They really should work with Remote Controller Editor.

ANY MIDI I/O SHOULD WORK WITH IT!

Agreed!!!

yes this one is still a mystery working with mackie etc… but why need this with this type of contrioller but the standart one don’t recieve midi message from simple CC ! mystery mystery !!!

Yes, Mystery!

And I assume it’s a Mystery even for Marcus, JHP, EdDoll, the manual writers… Nobody/nothing wants or can explain it.

From the advert:
"Remote control this
You asked for it and Cubase 7 delivers! Supporting many hardware remote controllers right out of the box, the all-new Remote Control Editor lets you visually customize the parameter layout of individual effects and instruments on your control surface. It’s as simple as it sounds — just select a hardware knob or button and chose which parameter to control and there you go! Various modes for rotaries and knobs plus the Learn mode make it even easier to assign parameters. Simply reassign the cutoff parameter of your favorite filter effect or synth to whatever rotary you want.

Remote Control Editor supports Avid System 5 MC, Avid Artist Series, Mackie Control, Steinberg Houston, WK-Audio’s ID, Yamaha DM2000 and more right out of the box."

Well, sorry, no…

in the midi device menu, what hardware is listed? Mackie mcu, dm2000 ect?

Which MIDI device menu?

no just Standard / yamaha Nuage / System 5-MC / Artist Series / WK-Audio ID