Remote Control Editor discussion

hi guys…i have the horrible suspect that the Remote Controller Editor may just be a special “GUI” for the plugin (ie you still have to set up your hardware controller in the Generic Remote setup page), since I don’t see any MIDI IN/OUT option in the Remote Controller Editor (and that should apply also to Houston, Mackie, Avid, etc).

I have to try a bit better, but i fear it’s not what I (we??) had expected: something “a la” Presonus Studio one, ie I map my hardware controller to the Remote Controller Editor knobs/switch and that’s all I have to do to connect the hardware to the software side - everything else is done within the host, I can create a map for any plugin which is automatically connected trough the Remote Controller Editor to my hw controller as I open the GUI…

Really hope to be proven wrong, i have a BCR2000 sitting on a shelf and taking dust…dloaded Cubase 7 installer before upgrading just to peek in the manual, and the new Remote Controller Editor was one of the main reason to jump on the upgrade! :unamused:

@Helge: it would be nice to add Generic Remote Q&A to the sticky post about common one… :wink:

ciao,
Goyya