Remote Control Editor discussion

yes this one is still a mystery working with mackie etc… but why need this with this type of contrioller but the standart one don’t recieve midi message from simple CC ! mystery mystery !!!

Yes, Mystery!

And I assume it’s a Mystery even for Marcus, JHP, EdDoll, the manual writers… Nobody/nothing wants or can explain it.

From the advert:
"Remote control this
You asked for it and Cubase 7 delivers! Supporting many hardware remote controllers right out of the box, the all-new Remote Control Editor lets you visually customize the parameter layout of individual effects and instruments on your control surface. It’s as simple as it sounds — just select a hardware knob or button and chose which parameter to control and there you go! Various modes for rotaries and knobs plus the Learn mode make it even easier to assign parameters. Simply reassign the cutoff parameter of your favorite filter effect or synth to whatever rotary you want.

Remote Control Editor supports Avid System 5 MC, Avid Artist Series, Mackie Control, Steinberg Houston, WK-Audio’s ID, Yamaha DM2000 and more right out of the box."

Well, sorry, no…

in the midi device menu, what hardware is listed? Mackie mcu, dm2000 ect?

Which MIDI device menu?

no just Standard / yamaha Nuage / System 5-MC / Artist Series / WK-Audio ID

This menu. I think it is under device setup.

yes but we talk about the new “Remote Control Editor”
right clic on a plugin & you gonna see it even with non VST3 plugins !

ooof… You MAY be able to import your devices from another version of cubase? Maybe? I have no idea if they are imbedded in the app or just stored in the devices folder.

If you don’t have a controller setup in the devices, how does cubase know it exist?

cannot import stuff cause it’s new ! just C7 have it !

I don’t have Cubase 7. Maybe I will just shut up, but that is where I would go first and what I would check.

Ok, well i have no idea what you mean by this. I don’t have C7, I am just posing options. In other cubase upgrade, I have had to copy controllers from the old version’s devices folder to the new version’s devices folder. This is so to have them available in the midi devices setup menu.

Well, that’s exactly the question here: how does it all work? What do you have to setup, connect etc… Which plugin is controlled by which hardware, and when?

The HOW (a hw control controls a automation param) is explained in the manual/videos…

yes & manual just talk about learn from plugin to remote but not remote to controller exept the controller like Mackie nuage or WK which did it automaticaly !

In the Midi Devices there are all the same ones from Cubase 6 however, in the Remote Control Editor there are only 5 options, Standard, Nuage, System 5, Artist and WK and these seem more like control templates than actual input devices. Who knows how you’re supposed to assign a control surface to the editor. It sure would be great if someone at Steiny would respond?

I just can encourage you all to ask kindly for help on this via PM to JHP, EdDoll and all the others. I did this multiple times already but was perfectly ignored…

Ok, so that tells us that they are not linked. Bummer. One would hope it would have been that easy.

I just can encourage you all to ask kindly for help on this via PM to JHP, EdDoll and all the others. I did this multiple times already but was perfectly ignored…

I bet their boxes are already exploding with everything else. Good luck with sorting it out.

Hi !

Well, that was clearly the one and only new feature that appealed to me…if it’s not what i thought it was, then not going to C7 won’t be that hard…

Cheers.

Currently, it seems nobody even knows what this is for, what you can do with it, and how.

“It can’t be any easier, can it?”

Currently it’s some UI without functionality other than customize UI controls to control UI controls… !?!

So it seems. My guess is that if you have one of the controllers listed there may be some usable functionality. Otherwise, it’s back to Generic Remote.

I know a lot of things are going on, but hopefully we’ll hear from SB soon.

-Rich