Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

It would be nice if Cubase was more tolerant of such unrelated driver problems. I had many crashes, and the reason was that I had both MME and DX drivers enabled on my midi devices. After I disabled half of drivers, all is fine, no more crashes. But I think Cubase should be writen in such a way not to crash in such situations.

There are DAWs that do not crash so much. And there are those who do crash a lot too. All DAWs work nicely in perfect environment, but very few work fine in most situations (Reason does, and Ableton is quite strong standing too).

I’m sure much could be done to improve stability of Cubase in not perfect environment. But I guess it will never make it in release, seems they have too many other things to do. So the only way is to set up our own system in such a way that Cubase feels good on it.

It is like buying a car, then it breaks, and dealer says “aha, you were driving above recommended 90km/h. No wonder it broke…” Similar with Cubase “aha, you didn’t uninstall the old mouse driver” or “aha, you have both MME and DX midi enabled. No, no, no, must not do that, no wonder it crashed…” Well, how in a world could one know that old mouse driver, or double midi drivers will crash it? What am I, a psychic? Cubase should be programmed in such a way to survive through such situations. Or there should be a separate utility to check for all the known things that crash Cubase, and report suggestions, like “uninstall mouse driver” or “you have double midi drivers, disable half of them”.