Can somebody help me with Key switches ?

Hi:)

Im trying to make keyswitches … The only info i found was a 6 minute video that didnt really help any…
(Using KS remote, alternate and metatrig)

If someone knows how, can we please go through it together?

Thanks so much:)

A (very) quick run-through : Setting up Keyswitches in HALion 4 on Vimeo. HTH.

Fstaudio. Omg what effort! Thank you very much!:slight_smile:

What I need to know is: once i have mapped a KS to a note,
1: how do i assign tasks to that KS?
And
2: how do you define which is KS 1, 2’ 3 etc… Does it do that automatically and consecutively?

Thanks so much for bearing with me…
iou!)

Not sure what you mean there by ‘tasks’

2: how do you define which is KS 1, 2’ 3 etc… Does it do that automatically and consecutively?

The Megatrig module (which here we’re using to make a keyswitch) is at it’s simplest just a conditional logic switch, and it’ll turn on/off whatever is directly ‘downstream’, and it whatever manner you set it to. MIDI ‘flows’ from the top of the Program Tree downwards, so where your Megatrig module is placed in your Program Tree determines what it will control. Just insert one for each layer you want to control, directly ‘upstream’ of it, then assign it accordingly.

You don’t have to insert them in any order or sequence, (unlike some samplers, which might be what you’re getting at) and the trigger keys themselves aren’t allocated automatically or sequentially, you need to specify it for each one. Defining them is therefore entirely up to you - just arrange your layers and megatrigs as you need them, it’s not fixed in any way, move them around, change them etc. just keep that ‘flow’ principle in mind to understand what’s going on. Also once you’ve set-up the first keyswitch then you can just copy/paste it and simply tweak the key assignment, saves a bit of time.

HTH.

HisTeachingHighness…

What i mean is in (1)

The keys are yellow. How do i make yellow key 1 trigger something? Like a FF (primarily for this example) or anything else for that matter…

Edit: ok, i think i understand it better now…
Key switches cycle between different layers of sound in the program tree, right?

But, when i assign flex snapshots to keys, how can i set the flex to an off state when not pressing a snapshot mapped modifier key?

Omg, this is complicated…lol

OK, now you’ve lost me… what is it you’re trying to achieve in the Program behaviour-wise? i.e how do you want it to work.

:slight_smile: trying to get my head around it;)
Ok,

I think I’ve got it… Its simple and straight forward, yet a whole lot complexer than i thought! Complex programs=lots of time needed etc…(for everything to fit together… All articulations etc)

Anyway,

One last question(s):

i only want to trigger flexphrases when pressing trigger notes. When i dont press the trigger notes, i want the flex phraser in an off state. Is this possible?

And:

Is it possibe to trigger effects on/off using trigger notes?

Thank you so much for your efforts, kindess and patience. :slight_smile:

Yep, that’s HALion :sunglasses:

i only want to trigger flexphrases when pressing trigger notes. When i dont press the trigger notes, i want the flex phraser in an off state. Is this possible?

In the Flexphraser, set ‘Hold’ to ‘Gated’, then experiment with the Trigger & Restart settings.

Is it possible to trigger effects on/off using trigger notes?

Alas only via CC or a Quick Control - so if you’ve got a control surface/drum pad etc. that you can program to send CC toggle switches into then you’re good to go.

It would be nice though to be able to use the Trigger pads as toggle switches, sounds like a good FR :slight_smile:

:sunglasses: