Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

I agree with Elektrobolt x100

Perhaps.

But it has to be annoying to pay $150 for an update only to discover that it will not run on your system, or has problems executing tasks that previously posed no difficulties.

Perhaps annoying yes, but a reason to give up? - no, you just have to work through it to reach stability.

Grrrr. 32 bit version still crashing. 64 bit version seems fine. Grrrrr

Is this in Cubase x64? And are you using jBridge for the 32 bit plugs?

jBridge is the only wrapper/bridge I’ve found that works relatively well. The Cubase bridge is notorious for crashing.

Edit: Oh, I see, you mean 32 bit Cubase. Scrub that?

Edit_2: Hang on. Is Cubase 32 bit trying to access your x64 plug ins?

I’m 100% sure it won’t fix the graphics problem for me. Meanwhile the Ableton 9 Beta works like a charm! :slight_smile:

Halo guys, my tempo track have the tempo line in grey like tempo track background, mostly of the times is invisble and hard to identify, have you the same pronblems? I use the tempo track so hard becuase the orchestra click. thanks :smiley: Im on Cubase 7.01

the same here

Add your voice

TO Helge Vogt:

Many users complained the variaudio issue, but we don’t see the fix. No fixes for Variaudio in 7.0.2?

Because of variaudio issues I still use cubase 6.5.

done now…thanks

Helge actually acknowledged it finally!!! :slight_smile:

Where?

Look again. It’s there (don’t be lazy :slight_smile: )

In the linked thread.

I am very disapointed too that this problem is not solved in 7.0.2… How could I have a version 6.5 to work with, waiting that this problem is fixed?

+1 :frowning: :frowning:

+1 for the mackie problem

+1 :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I agree with a previous poster about computers filling up with software that is detrimental to performance and stability.

I have a rule these days that, save for internet browsing, only music related software is installed on the machine. No Email, games, virus checkers etc., Also if you demo a plugin or other software, then remember to remove it if you don’t buy it (also remembering to remove it from any project before you uninstall it).

In this way, I minimise the risk of unused software (or drivers) interfering with the stability of my set up. Then when I get a situation where I encounter problems, I can work out pretty easily what the issue is (“what’s the last thing I changed”)

My own experience with Cubase 6.5 & 7 is that it has become increasingly able to withstand rogue plugins and will give you the option to save your project if problems occur. I don’t think I have lost any work yet.

Something I look out for, particularly as I use EastWest software a lot is that it does not play nice with a variety of other plugins. I am particularly careful to note when mixtures of plugins within Cubase cause issues and try to separate them. To do this I use Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 and put the “naughty” plugs in that. I get real stability and can really load up the samples when I want to.

Hope this helps people.

Graham