Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

I agree with a previous poster about computers filling up with software that is detrimental to performance and stability.

I have a rule these days that, save for internet browsing, only music related software is installed on the machine. No Email, games, virus checkers etc., Also if you demo a plugin or other software, then remember to remove it if you don’t buy it (also remembering to remove it from any project before you uninstall it).

In this way, I minimise the risk of unused software (or drivers) interfering with the stability of my set up. Then when I get a situation where I encounter problems, I can work out pretty easily what the issue is (“what’s the last thing I changed”)

My own experience with Cubase 6.5 & 7 is that it has become increasingly able to withstand rogue plugins and will give you the option to save your project if problems occur. I don’t think I have lost any work yet.

Something I look out for, particularly as I use EastWest software a lot is that it does not play nice with a variety of other plugins. I am particularly careful to note when mixtures of plugins within Cubase cause issues and try to separate them. To do this I use Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 and put the “naughty” plugs in that. I get real stability and can really load up the samples when I want to.

Hope this helps people.

Graham