is it possible to save a loaded VSTI as a track pre set?

Is it possible to load up for example, my play VSTI orchestral sections with the midi tracks routed to the correct channels and the samples loaded into play as a track pre set, so I don’t have to manually do it every time I want to load it?

I can do it for an instrument track but that’s only got stereo outs.

In Reaper I’d just highlight all the tracks and save as a template, i could then just drag it into the arrange window,or select from the track menu and it would open up ready to go.

MC

No. Only monotimbral VSTi’s. Why Steinberg didn’t fix this in v6 is beyond me. I guess a new shiny GUI was a top priority request among users… :unamused:
Use project templates. That’s what they’re there for.

In Reaper I’d just highlight all the tracks and save as a template, i could then just drag it into the arrange window,or select from the track menu and it would open up ready to go.

Then use reaper. God knows I’ve been thinking about it recently… but in all honesty, it still can’t hold a candle to cubase.

Either save the VST, save the track preset, or save a template. between those 3 options you should have it covered.

No it isn’t, you still have to either open the vsti separately if you save the tracks as a track preset,or if you save the VST you have to add then route the midi tracks to it. A project template is only of use if you know before hand which instruments you’re going to need, and quite often things don’t work that way :smiley:

It seems having track presets for complex multi’s in VSTI’s with midi tracks and mulitple outputs etc would be more use than a simple single instrument stereo out VSTI.

MC

No functionality like that. You can create a template but not drag it to an existing project like you want. You’d have to start projects from the template.

Definately on my wishlist aswell!

I use Superiordrummer, 16 outputs and I always have to route, colour and name the entire thing again.
I do use templates but I have more presets and sometimes I want to go with another when I am deep in the project.

I would even want to attach FX and grouptracks in such a preset aswell, so I can pre configure a totall drummix and just import it in the project.

Ok,wasn’t quite grasping what was asked there. Momentary lapse of reason. :blush:

Now that brain is engaged -Yes, a track preset for a multi Out VSTi would certainly be very useful!