Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Telogic

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Post by Telogic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm

no vivo put a link up for it .not sure though if its correct build coz my cc121 channel selects not working on it.
Cubase 8.0.10 mac pro 6 core 3.3ghz 16gb ram,MR816x ,cc121, Novation impulse, access virus, krk vxt speakers, UAD2 cards, Wavelab 8.05 many many plugin's and some old outboard and synths.
Telogic aka Logicaldream

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm

the site normally goes down for a while before an update ;)

Sinned

Post by Sinned » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm

It's Here!!!!!

Telogic

Post by Telogic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm

filterfreak wrote:the site normally goes down for a while before an update ;)
it does that,s to change web page data but they may have already uploaded to the server the installers.
Cubase 8.0.10 mac pro 6 core 3.3ghz 16gb ram,MR816x ,cc121, Novation impulse, access virus, krk vxt speakers, UAD2 cards, Wavelab 8.05 many many plugin's and some old outboard and synths.
Telogic aka Logicaldream

R3myBoy

Post by R3myBoy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Doesn't work .... Installation Failed ! ...

Edit : it works now ... 1st download wasn't complete ...
Last edited by R3myBoy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 pm

i bet you it will be done about 3pm GMT

but im completely wrong :lol: :lol: quick go get it !!!!!!!!!!

Boriss

Post by Boriss » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Hope this addresses the trial issue I am having. Download going at 1MBPS.

R3myBoy

Post by R3myBoy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm

VMX files don't recall volumes ?...

Boriss

Post by Boriss » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Worked perfectly for me except, I still can't try out the demo of the full version from artist.

JayAudion

Post by JayAudion » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Buzthafuzz wrote:
Graham_Simmonds wrote:I too am very disappointed that the "hidden channels" Mackie control issue has not been resolved in 7.02. Considering it has already been mentioned many times in this thread, I am surprised that it was not further up the bug fix priority list and did not make it in to 7.02.
yes, +1, and please rework the Mackie Fader groups buttons to be assignable, or re-attach them to channel and rack configuration 1-4

I used to have a professional working environment, I can't just let a software upgrade kick out my professional hardware or render it useless at will! This is expensive stuff we're talking about here.
I would have posted this elsewhere If they hadn't locked the main thread on it.
Cubase 8.5.15, been using all down on PC down to Atari 1040stfm | Windows 10 64bit | RME Fireface 800 | Intel i7-4770k @4300 on Asus Z87-A 16GB | Mackie Control | Dynaudio BM15A

groovechild

Post by groovechild » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm pleased to say that the update has been a major improvement for me, my system seems to be much more stable and although I still get crazy level peaks with the vst performance meter which I manged to tame by deselecting Asio Guard, I'm pleased to say my PC is behaving much better than before, and it was nothing to do with my 3rd Party Plugins or Drivers.
I will perform a full test in a few days.
Definition In Innovation & Creative Expression

Bane

Post by Bane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 am

Initial load times are much improved, maybe even project load times. Feels more stable, I'm not afraid to open the mixer any more due to fears of crashing.

Anyone noticed this since the update. When using the arrow keys with the step input bar look what happens:
Glitch101.jpg
(168.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud

greggybud

Post by greggybud » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 am

Maincat wrote:
groovechild wrote: The fact that so many C7 users are having major problems with C7 should be a BIG embarrassment :oops: to Steinberg whom consider themselves to be one of the best professional DAWs in the music industry.........really :?:
Cubase is one of the best DAWs. I'm waiting for all the posts saying 'sorry, it was a plugin/mouse driver (already had one of those)/graphics driver etc' issue instead of Cubase that was causing the problems.

C7.0.1 is running beautifully here. Not one issue, apart from not having more than 24 in a day to use it. It's brilliant.
The plugins, and graphics drivers, have NOTHING to do with issues that frustrate me most. If Cubase is running "beautifully" for you congratulations. Maybe you can solve the confirmed by Steinberg reported bugs, some of which should never have gone past a version 7 beta tester...if beta testers even existed before us.

Are you using 3 screens with all 3 mixers open, including the project screen with alternating key editor, drum editor, and sample editors?

Have you read the numerous issues in this form about these mixer gui/sizing problems?

Do you use key commands for the rack? I doubt it because they didn't exist until today. Can you tell me why there are so many inconsistencies within key commands? Why does the key command open and close media bay window, but the key command for the history window only opens but no closing? How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.
Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, Wavelab 9.5, latest Cubase version, 64 gig all drives SSD,s (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti driving 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs,, UAD-2, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

skug

Post by skug » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 am

greggybud wrote:How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.
I was a "bedroom producer" before I started to outgrow SX3 and now I'm going guns with C7.

Maybe I am not so loyal as to miss so many versions but there comes a time when something you want to do on your OS requires you to upgrade your DAW and holding out bears no fruit.

Anyway I am really happy with C7 but I don't understand what "casual user" features you are referring to?

greggybud

Post by greggybud » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 am

skug wrote:
greggybud wrote:How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

I was a "bedroom producer" before I started to outgrow SX3 and now I'm going guns with C7.

Maybe I am not so loyal as to miss so many versions but there comes a time when something you want to do on your OS requires you to upgrade your DAW and holding out bears no fruit.

Anyway I am really happy with C7 but I don't understand what "casual user" features you are referring to?
I refer to "casual user" as a new user, or one who just occasionally uses Cubase.

As far as features, I just mentioned the problems. Go look at all the threads about the poorly designed rack gui. I can't explain the key command issues any more clear. If you know of a secret key command to close the history window please let me know!

Have you ever "squashed" the rack to try and fit in more mixer channels? Have you ever expanded the rack vertically, then close it and the mixer gui is in a different position on the screen? Have you ever added a track on the project page in a track folder, and then have to go through 10 more mouse clicks in the mixer to make it show up in the proper position in the mixer? The basic concept here is that if you put a track inside a folder on the project page it should reflect the same in the mixer....but it doesn't. The newly added track will always appear by default on the left side in the mixer.

Steinberg released version 7 without any key commands for the rack. IMO that is something they should have included from the start. I don't think it's that difficult, but it appears as if they were in a rush to release it.
Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, Wavelab 9.5, latest Cubase version, 64 gig all drives SSD,s (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti driving 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs,, UAD-2, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

skug

Post by skug » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 am

Admittedly I kinda prefer a fixed layout but I can get used to it I guess and over time it will grow on me.

Having said that I don't often change the size of windows, generally I use the window menu to select between them and I have only a single monitor.

It did strike me as a bit strange though how the mixer scrunches up but once I show only the screen elements I want and channel types it is actually quite nice to use.

mrjixies

Post by mrjixies » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am

Oke a lot of bugs are solved... Unfortunately stay on top still not works on the 2nd monitor, will this be fixed in the following update?
Processor: Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard: Intel DP67BG
Ram: 16GB Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz 1.5v
Graphics: Zotac GeForce GTX 560 1GB
HD: SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 3 Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Audio: TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6
MIDI: Edirol UM-2EX

Software: Cubase 7.0.2

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 am

Hate to whine, but yet another sloppy release. What cracks me up most is the even the icon on Mac has weird artefacts (not sharp and none transparent background). How difficult is THAT to fix. Lol.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Maincat

Post by Maincat » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am

greggybud wrote:
Maincat wrote:
groovechild wrote: The fact that so many C7 users are having major problems with C7 should be a BIG embarrassment :oops: to Steinberg whom consider themselves to be one of the best professional DAWs in the music industry.........really :?:
Cubase is one of the best DAWs. I'm waiting for all the posts saying 'sorry, it was a plugin/mouse driver (already had one of those)/graphics driver etc' issue instead of Cubase that was causing the problems.

C7.0.1 is running beautifully here. Not one issue, apart from not having more than 24 in a day to use it. It's brilliant.
The plugins, and graphics drivers, have NOTHING to do with issues that frustrate me most. If Cubase is running "beautifully" for you congratulations. Maybe you can solve the confirmed by Steinberg reported bugs, some of which should never have gone past a version 7 beta tester...if beta testers even existed before us.

Are you using 3 screens with all 3 mixers open, including the project screen with alternating key editor, drum editor, and sample editors?

Have you read the numerous issues in this form about these mixer gui/sizing problems?

Do you use key commands for the rack? I doubt it because they didn't exist until today. Can you tell me why there are so many inconsistencies within key commands? Why does the key command open and close media bay window, but the key command for the history window only opens but no closing? How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

My setup is complicated, going back to kit from 1987, sorry only two monitors. Loyal Cubase user? I met David Nicholson (look him up) in 1989
who gave me a Cubase 1.0 disk for the Atari, so please, keep your patronising comments to yourself.

C7.0.2 is running beautifully here. Yes I read the forum comments (have done for some time). I've worked in software development (have you?) and I'm telling you, bugs and *flower* happens. They're working on it. Don't you think they know about the bugs? *knuf*, how did Mozart manage? Those quills were man-eaters.

Now I'm going to make music, have fun. If Cubase doesn't work for you, there's plenty of alternatives. Some of those have bugs too.
Steve
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Version 1903, 8 Gig RAM, AMD Phenom II 955 BE X4, 27" Acer LCD (X2), GX460, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha KX8, Nektar LX88, Shure SM58, Yamaha HS50Ms with Yamaha HS8M Sub., Yamaha HPH-MT7W Headphones, Kontakt 5.7.3, The Grand 3.1, Neo Soul Keys, Groove Agent 4, WaveLab Elements 10, ASUS Nexus 7 2013, Android 6.0, Cubase IC PRO and lots of other stuff.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am

looks like the *flower* is hitting the fan ! 7 years later you are now seeing the full integration of yamaha , my bet is yamaha have taken over writing code for cubase and that's why the design and the 3 party look of the mixer is there ,it's not a steinberg thing it's a yamaha *knuf* up , do you really want software designed by a company that make PRS range of keyboards lol ..... this time i am personally staying on c7 as im not up for buying yamaha software so it the words of the dragons ................IM OUT !

Subpantelis

Post by Subpantelis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz ¦ 16 GB DDR3 ¦ 128 GB SSD ¦ 2 TB SATA 7200 rpm ¦ NVidia GeForce GTX 680 ¦ Line 6 UX2
Windows 7 Home 64bit ¦ Cubase 7.0.6 64bit ¦ All plugins 64bit

ALSTUDIOS

Post by ALSTUDIOS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

maaaquemeseyo wrote:Good news. But please don't forget to fix the Euphonix/Avid Transport issue (transport function is working as the scrubb function).

Thanks. :D
Hello

fully support this request :!:

Cheers
******************************************************************************************
ALSTUDIOS REGENSDORF SWITZERLAND
******************************************************************************************
Win7 PRO 64bit, Cubase PRO 10.0.50 64bit,
audio-solution PC i7 960 4x3.2GHz, 24GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 720, 2GB DDR3, Dual Monitor
RME fireface 800 firewire
AVID Artist Control + Euphonix MC Mix, EuControl v 2019.5.1

cmbourget

Post by cmbourget » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

filterfreak wrote:looks like the *flower* is hitting the fan ! 7 years later you are now seeing the full integration of yamaha , my bet is yamaha have taken over writing code for cubase and that's why the design and the 3 party look of the mixer is there ,it's not a steinberg thing it's a yamaha *knuf* up , do you really want software designed by a company that make PRS range of keyboards lol ..... this time i am personally staying on c7 as im not up for buying yamaha software so it the words of the dragons ................IM OUT !
It is an explanation, in fact, for the mixconsole, with its different design of cubase. However, it was easy to adapt. Perhaps Steinberg tests customer...
Cubase 10.5, Pro Tools 2019.10
PC Windows 10, Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 3.30GHz, 8 cores, 64 Go
PrismSound Titan, Solo Be and Focal sub, etc, etc.

Jurij

Post by Jurij » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Subpantelis wrote:Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.

what planet you live? I cannot load my old project from 7.0.1, seems to be problems with some plugs? some connections? who know, I've to spend half day now to find the problem or back to 6.5.4? More problems than before, because if is all perfect for you means you dont know about music composition or production. Please dont be offended by that, it's not my intention but C7 does not work as the promised and we payed a lot for updating from 6.5. This is not honest, not fair.
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

djchristhomas

Post by djchristhomas » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 pm

i had some issues from passing from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.it drived me crazy all night,things like bad calour settings,no more knoobs in the mixer & some other issues.
So i went on the download center of steinberg ,and i downloaded the install core data for cubase 7.
i installed it on top of the cubase update 7.0.2.
And by magic,everything seems to be working perfectly.
i hope it helps some of you out there. ;)
windows 7 64 bits,intel i5,cubase 7 64 bits,access virus ti,motu audio express,krk ergo,krk vxt8,krk 10s,maschine mk2,

Return to “Older Cubase versions”