Vintage Channel Strip

No they are not cheap at all! but also have you noticed UA’s prices are creeping up too!
I didn’t pay full price for these, i got all 3 for £155 which i’m really chuffed about!!! :slight_smile:

After some fairly serious usage with them i think the EQ is definitely the star of the bunch, whether or not it’s UAD good is subjective i think but it has CHARACTER in bags with the drive switched in!! sounds like any other ‘digital eq’ without though i think. i used it on my warwick bass which was tracked through my pod using the ampeg svt with 8x10 cab and a bit of the pod LA2A sim, i used the UAD Studer A800 first, then the slate tube channel, the 601 EQ and then the 276 compressor at the end… i used the 206 comp over the bass group with the kick drum ducking it a db or so on a side chain… WOW!!! it’s the classic warwick sound but with a little more bottom end…that amazing ‘vocal/singing’ mid range and dark velvety, hollow bottom that only warwicks seem to have… the reason i got one in the first place!!!
I couldn’t get the bass to sound quite the way i wanted to using just my other plugs but these did the job beautifully!! and for half price!!! :wink: