Cubase iC Pro official video tutorial

Just a follow up. After talking with MS, we have decided that my process is typical and that the ‘home network troubleshooter’ needs to be run if I am to connect to the ad hoc network that I set up for my DAW. I use Win7 Home Premium and it seems that if I purchased the ‘Pro’ version I might fare a little better but perhaps only because the Pro version gives me an opportunity to rename the network that makes connection to the local devices. But they weren’t real sure about that, just a possibility. :laughing:

It seems that if I had a couple of Win7 computers I was networking to then things would be different, but because I am using an iPad, an iPhone, and a Win7 DAW I will always have this step to perform.

So to those of you that have followed my steps and are having problems I don’t know what to add. It can be done. Also note: I did setup the ad hoc network and named it ‘iPad Cubase6’, so this will show up under my list of connections. After opening Cubase and then minimizing it, I open my taskbar wireless connection list, disconnect from my internet provider connection, and then connect to this, iPad Cubase6, my local ad hoc network. Then I do the same on the iPad.

The network that windows displays (once the connection is made) is called ‘Unidentified Network’ and has an icon that looks like a computer screen. (BTW, the reason MS has set things up to display an ‘Unidentified Network’ is for your protection, I’m told.) In the fine print to the right of the connection icon, you can see that the iPad Cubase6 ad hoc network is listed and if you click on ‘device map’, while the two devices are connected,you will see my DAW and the iPad sharing a connection. The DAW and the iPad are also listed in the ‘Manage Wireless Networks’ window even when the two devices are not connected.

There is also a way to setup using a password when joining the network, probably a good idea.