List of Feature Requests

I know it’s been suggested already but I’d like to second the introduction of a usable sampler into Cubasis. And to be honest if that’s all you added (instrument-wise) I’d be pretty happy.

It could be powered by the existing pads/keyboard UIs:-
Workflow:

1. Import a beat/audio into Cubasis as a single audio file.
  2. Open in audio editor - split the audio up into segments (like any loop slicer)- automatically with ability to adjust, or just manual - I don’t mind.
  3. Option to “Send to sampler” - which then maps the segments automatically to the pads or keyboard, with the basic options such as different loop types. Reverse playback etc. Ability to perhaps save as a new sampler instrument in the media library (and share in the normal ways, itunes file sharing/etc as a single file.)
  4. Tweak individual keymapping/pad settings.

Also, I’d like to request a couple of tweaks!

1. Folders in the mediabay - I’d like to seperate my own loops/midi files/etc from the factory files. Preferably into folders on a per project basis.
  2. Improved sample editor - have loops which play only the current selection. Option to Extract multiple pieces from single sample into audiocopy/paste buffer or as new audio files in the mediabay, in one hit (could be functionality that precedes the full sampler).
  3. Pitch shifting/timestretching.
  4. Step/Beat sequencer, with pattern changes, mute parts/ panning/ etc controlled via midi. Ability to bake step sequencing to midi.
  5. Automation of mixing and FX.

I know some of this is requested already but I want to support the requests already made!

It’s blinding app so far, thanks Steinberg. Thanks for having the foresight to make it.