Intro and also: Cubase 7 is amazing!

I, too appreciate Cubase, how well it works. It is just slick. It works well, and does not stutter, VSTs load well, it just works.

A few things I think can be better are related to the workflow:

1. show/hide tracks. I know there are folders, but I still think that tracks should be able to be selected to appear or not appear on the screen based on what we as user want to see at the moment.

2. automation being able to be ON TOP of the audio/midi track. Having to have the automation lane open for every track while working on it takes up TWICE the amount of screen real estate that Studio One or DP does for the exact same process.

3. Vari Audio analyzation should only analyze the part of the track necessary instead of the entire audio file. I work with a lot of audio files that are 1/2 hour long each, 26 tracks. It takes a very long time to analyze those files to pitch correct only a couple of parts

4. A consolidated window. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to have a the project window open in the top half of the screen, while I am working on a step input of a drum track part open in the window below. This way, I could edit in one window, duplicate parts in the main window on top and keep working away on edits in the bottom.

5. Audio automatically recorded to parts, like the days of VST 24 and 32. So dang handy. I would much rather double click open a part than to have to record, select it all, turn it into a part…and if I need to change anything, dissolve the part, then select everything again and convert it back to part. This would make it tons easier for doing radio production work when only needing to change a line or two in an already completed commercial to have a quick edit inside the part, without all the converting and dissolving.

Other than these issues, Cubase is still fast and easy. After using it these past couple months, pretty steady, I have my chops going on this and it has gotten pretty easy. I loaded Cubase 7 on a brand new computer, built just for audio work. My first Windows PC in my entire life, been a Mac guy since the late 80s, and I, too have been using Cubase since it was Midi recording only. In fact, I used to have Cubase transport run my Fostex R8 recorder from a SMPTE track stripe and the system connected so that the reel to reel could be controlled by midi commands. Ahhh, the memories.

Anyway, I am agreeing with the original poster here about Cubase. I am really liking the new mixer too. I have to say, that it is running flawlessly on my Windows 7 64 bit pc. Its fast, tight and quick. Studio One 2 and DIgital Performer are also in my arsenal of DAWs, but I keep coming back to Cubase.

Enjoy…