MR816csx audio dropouts

Just to update this thread, I bought a used MR816x, and was having dropouts like crazy. I am used to compatibility issues setting up audio, so didn’t panic but began surfing for a solution. I have an AMD Phenom II 4-core, multi-SSD system, with Asus mobo, running WIN 7 , 64-bit. I downloaded and installed the latest driver pack, and insured I had the latest firmware. I tried various latency settings to no avail. Finally, I found this thread and on a lark I followed one of the above posts about going into Control Panel, then to the POWER OPTIONS. The thread above called it the “Battery” settings, but it just uses the icon of a battery, it is called power. In my iteration of WIN7/64, It gives no advanced option to set ACPI, instead, it just defaults to a medium power saving scheme–below there, you see a radio button marked “HIGH PERFORMANCE.” Select that, close, reboot. Done! Problem solved. The issue, at least for me, was an underpowered Firewire section built onto the mobo. I was glad it was solved so quickly. Have had this kind of thing go on for days or weeks! Cheers all, hope this helps someone.

~Kurtis
Austin, TX