drag and drop files in audiofiles window

This morning when I was working on 9 tracks in the audiofiles window I needed to open another file which I always do with drag and drop from windowsexplorer and then I ran into a ‘problem’.
When you have quite a lot of files open, and you see the arrow on the right to switch between the wavfiles and you want to drag and drop a new file it is quite hard to not add it/paste it to another track. In Previous versions it was easy to drag/drop a file this way by simply dragging it above the other files and it opened next to the other files. Now you have to drop 'm exactly between 2 opened files to avoid it pasting in another file and you can’t drop it above the other files. This way it’s not really easy to simply drop a file. This only occurs when you have multiple files open and you see the arrow to switch between the files.

You can drop in either of these 2 places. Eg. you can drag onto an existing tab, not “in between”.

Thanks! never realized that you could also drop on the audiofiles button. Works like a charm! :sunglasses:

Thanks! never realized that you could also drop on the audiofiles button. Works like a charm!

This works also eg. if the audio file workspace is not active or even not created: dropping there will create/activate the workspace.

Cool! Nice to know indeed.