Cubase 5 & Cubase 6.5 PC & Mac

hi guys,i bought cubase 5 last year(activated with 1st Dongle)… and i just bought another copy of Cubase 6.5 from store(registered in my 1st Dongle too…)

now i would like to use the NEW dongle that come with CUBASE 6.5 to activate in my MAC BOOK PRO…can i make it happend?

i am the same user but i have 1 PC and 1 MAC ,wish to use different dongle to run same software but different platform… please tell me what to do…

thanks…

You can only have the licence on one dongle at a time but you can install the software on more than one computer.

so you will need to swap the one dongle between computers.

Otherwise if you really want two Cubase licenses/dongles you would need to buy another copy/license.

ok…Thanks for reply…

i think i found some idea to Swap my license…

plan to using Cubase 5 on Mac and Cubase6.5 on PC(main DAW) nowadays…

thanks…

That can only still use one dongle, C6 will have overwritten all previous licences. The C6 licence will allow you to run lesser variants, but you cannot split the licences across two or more dongles. You are basically stuck with the one dongle/licence. Your only options are to either swap the dongle between the two computers or buy another licence.

heya Split,
I tried this scenario last night - having a copy of Cubase (6.5) on my laptop AND desktop, and swapping out the dongle between CPUs for non-simultaneous use - and wasn’t able to get the second install running. I believe eLicenser said that I had used my one available license already. do you have any recommendations of what to do, or resources to look into?

cheers
tim

Try updating the licence software on both computers.

Anmd just in case that is what you were doing: You don´t need to download the license another time on the second computer. The license is on the dongle.