Just installed NU 6 update -> Some questions

Hi all,

I’m a late adopter - I bought the update to NU6 immediately after its release, but I didn’t find the time until yesterday to install it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I toyed around with the new baby for several hours since yesterday, and I see a lot of new features which I like (and a lot of graphical changes which I hate, but that’s a different topic).

I can’t find quick answers for the following questions (… I’m sure more will arise).

• Is there a way to use keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste a plug-in’s settings? (A great feature BTW, and long overdue, if I’m allowed to say so.)

• Is there a way to change the appearance (or actually the order of the single elements) of the “Channel Editor” like we could before, up to NU 5.5? I’m so used to have the fader on the left side of the Editor’s window that this throws me off considerably ATM.

• How do I assign a key-command to select one of the four “Mixer Configurations”?

• Where are the plug-in slots in the Control Room? I used to have my analyzers and other metering tools there.

TIA!

Thanks, Bredo.

Duh … that’s an incomprehensible omission.

- Where are the plug-in slots in the Control Room? I used to have my analyzers and other metering tools there.

You have to go into each Cue-Mix or your monitor bus, and then use one of the tabs (setup or something???)… ah forget it, can’t even explain how clumsy the new Control Room layout is. I absolutely hate it.

Ah, yes, now I found it - it’s indeed in the Setup-tab. Thanks!

I dislike the mix console and hate the control room layout, so much that this version is not for me. But I have saved me some trial/demo hours for later updates. Maybe?

As far as I can say after two days, the new mixer is very nice feature-wise, but its look-and-feel is not my preference. E.g., the way the labels “jump” to the left when you touch them with the cursor makes it appear “stressed” and nervous (“not under control”, if you get my drift :nerd: ). The fonts used ain’t pretty either. - And I really dislike the new selection pull-down for plug-ins. … sigh

Any input regarding the other questions, guys? Thx!

… a gentle “bump” for these two remaining questions:

• Is there a way to use keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste a plug-in’s settings? (A great feature BTW, and long overdue, if I’m allowed to say so.)

• Is there a way to change the appearance (or actually the order of the single elements) of the “Channel Editor” like we could before, up to NU 5.5? I’m so used to have the fader on the left side of the Editor’s window that this throws me off considerably ATM.

Thx!

There does not seem to be any way to re-arrange in the Channel Editor as we could in earlier versions - and another flaw (for me) is that it is also impossible to resize vertically - only horizontally.
There also does not seem to be a key command option for copy/paste plugin setting either (I cannot find one, anyway).

@Bredo - The mixer naming truncation algo really does suck balls, doesn’t it!

Hello Dietz, ol chum!
My thought exactly!

I installed N6 relatively soon after release. Eversince I play with N6 on smaller projects with good results, but I can’t get myself to use it on a heavy job. Sure, by now I know where is what on this mixer, etc., but it seems so unintuitive with hidden functions needing more clicks to reach… that N5 still wins hands down for usability. I welcome the larger click and fader areas at the sends for example, but that is about it ( plug-in pull-down menue… Urgh…!).
Many really cool gadgets have been implemented with N6, but things like the mixer/ controll room design makes it second choice for me.
SB, please, re-thing those layouts…

Servus, Big K

Thanks, Neil … at least I know now that I’m not completely blind.

Strange oversights / omissions, though … 8-/

Hi, Big K - hope you’re fine! waving hand

SB, please, re-thing those layouts…

Servus, Big K

Yes, please …