HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2 released

Hi all,

Today we are very happy to announce the immediate availability of the latest major versions of Steinberg’s popular virtual instruments, HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2.

With a massive library update, several new effects, lots of new features and improvements, these iterations of HALion and HALion Sonic have made a big leap forward.

Please visit HALion: VST Sampler & Sound Design System | Steinberg for detailed information about the new instruments inside HALion and HALion Sonic, the new effects and the sound design features.

We have created several videos that introduce all the latest features as well as quick start videos for those of you who are new to HALion and HALion Sonic.

Please also have a listen to the demo tracks and demo phrases on the product pages.

The updates from recent version are now available for download only through the Steinberg Online Shop. Products — Music Software & Audio Hardware | Steinberg

w00t! Great job Steinberg! Many users are going to be very happy with these updates no doubt!

thumbs hi!

bit niffed that I debated so long weather to get h4 and then bought it and then a month later h5 comes out ,but hay ho that’s my fault .

Brilliant update couldn’t of asked for more really :wink:

Does the HALion 5 license also cover HALion Sonic 2?

Hello,

I am curious to know if I buy Halion 5, do I need Halion Sonic 2? Are there features in HS2 that are not in Halion 5? Does purchasing H5 give you HS2 for free? Any clarity will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

HALion 5 contains 110% of what HALion Sonic 2 offers and then even more on top of that! All the modules, synths, presets, effects and functionality of HALion Sonic 2 is completely intact in HALion 5, but through a slightly different, more module interface than that of HALion Sonic 2. If you want full functionality and tweakibility, HALion 5 is the way to go, if you just want a simple playback machine, HALion Sonic 2 is great!

Yes, it does. The installer is included in the HALion 5 package.

• fixed -

Ed Doll, please confirm that this will interface with C6.5, including the drag and drop part feature and the mixer interface showing multiple channels? Thank you.

Hi there,

I obtained my copy this morning, online, via the Steinberg store and I am in Canada. It was a download update from HALion 4.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/halion-5.html

You should be able to do the same. I have purchased Cubase 7 last December from the online store, without issue.

edited: I see it now, my mistake.

NP, at least you are able to get it now. Have fun!

Perfect. :smiley:

Yes, even the installer is as it should be.

I hope Cubase 7.5 or at least 8.0 will be of the same overall level of quality.

I upgraded from HalionSonic to Halion4 on May 19, am I eligible for the free upgrade to H5?

If yes, do I get the free upgrade to HS2 as well?

and yes halion 2 is included

some plonker was in such a rush yesterday to buy H5 that he didn’t realise he bought H4 well within the grace period . :laughing:

Ive sent Matthias a private message to see if this can be refunded . :wink:

Hm, my question is falling on deaf ears. :cry: I guess I will wait for the trial download and answer my own questions…

Cantankerous? Your signature says C6 and yet you say you purchased C7. Are you perhaps using Halion5 in C6? Can you record a loop in the keyboard and drag the results to C6? Does the C6 mixer interface with the multivoice Halion5, like C7 does? Or will it only function this way with C7?