[SOLVED] Is it possible to edit two tracks with variaudio

Hi all,

I would like to edit two singers tracks in variaudio at the same time, does any one know if it’s possible and how ?

Thanks a lot

Not possible.

Not possible.

Steinberg seem to disagree…no access to my Cubase PC at the mo so can’t check.

Talking about multiple tracks, you’ll be glad to know that the days when you manually aligned editor windows under each other are finally over. Now you can smartly edit multiple VariAudio parts across multiple tracks within one editor only!

Checked … yes you can! :smiley: Like Grim posted before.

You can select several tracks and show them in the same editor window, but I´m quite certain, you can not

It´s one or the other…

You can select notes from both tracks at once and use the quantize pitch or straighten pitch sliders which I’d say is editing them together…But no you can not manually edit them together, and not sure why you would want to either.

You can? Seems I can´t…

I thought this would be a new feature of Cubase 7 that you can edit two "solo"Audio-Tracks at once like midi…

lasso only…maybe ctrl a for select all though I didn’t try this.

Well, I can´t - neither one, nor the other

is there someone that could give “how to” ?

You mean “how to select several tracks / events”?
You need to de-select “edit active audio event only”

More exactly, I would like to know “how to select several audio parts and edit them at the same time in variaudio” ?

Well it’s pretty obvious aside from what thinking cap just mentioned…select the multiple events, open the editor…edit. If you don’t know how to select multiple events or use variaudio at all then check the manual.

If you have a more specific question or problem or get stuck then ask, but give it a go…there’s nothing requiring a detailed “how to”.

Have you even tried - doesn´t sound like…? If you don´t know how to select several things on a computer, you might need a basic computer course…

Keep cool guys … it’s just a simple question.
I know how to select multiple track parts but don’t know how to open all selected audio parts in only one audio editor to use variaudio. If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

I know and use cubase since existing on ATARI ST … so please don’t judge computer skills only on one question specially that i’m project leader in software development :slight_smile:

English is not my mother language, do you speak french ?

I’m not judging your computer skills just hoping that you could narrow down your issue which you did.

If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

Not 100% but I think you may need to check “link editors” in preferences/editing.

“Link editor” give a link between the current position of the cursor in the project windows and the position of th cursor in the editors (audio, midi …).

In fact, I found the solution, when selecting several audio parts and then double click on, you get only one audio editor window, OK, now before activating variaudio, deactivate the “Edit Active Part Only” button and then activate variaudio, you get one color per audio part analysed by variaudio.
When you select one note to move, the audio wave corresponding to the selected note appear in background of the audio editor window.

So, editing several audio parts at the same time in one audio editor with variaudio is possible.

2 Likes

Nice to see, people actually read the answers they get…

I found the solution, when selecting several audio parts and then double click on, you get only one audio editor window,

Well this is what was suggested to you before but you previously disagreed!

If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

Anyhow… glad you’ve worked it out.