Change Control Room GUI

Lydiot, I really wasn’t only referring to your post but to general posts on the forum that complains about things that does not work or that does not exist, when the problem is really user error.
But yes I was referring to your post as well.

In all honesty, in what daw can you see everything YOU want to see, and everything I want to see, and everything Hans Zimmer wants to see at the same time without having any compromises?

If you want to run the mixer full screen, you have to adapt to the design. I don’t agree with the GUI design at all either. But stating it isn’t possible when it is, is just not good as it lowers the value and importance of what really is the issue.

Being able to see it all In the CR at the same time as we could before is important.
But now there are several meter sections as well in addition to all the old functionality.
To be honest, there was no way to really view a large expanded CR section, large meters, and a good size mixer on one screen ever.

Personally I’d prefer to be able to see both peak meters, loudness and CR functions at the same time. But I would also like to be able to see my mixer channels, plugins, stereo fold down metering, media bay, marker window, pool window, edit channel settings window, floating main panner window and my project window.
I would prefer to be able to see them all at the same time.
Realistic? Not really is it? So they have to make compromises.

I really don’t think sharing space between CR and metering is the worst choice, especially within the mixer view. I do think that it all should be able to be viewed at the same time in the actual CR window though.
And yes, the general GUI design of the design elements within the CR is awful!

Edit: and never forget, this is Nuendo… key commands can control a lot!
For example switching sources in the CR without actually having the CR visible at all. Pretty neat I’d say.