Change Control Room GUI

I’d agree with you if you could put forth even one argument for why the redesign of the Control Room GUI was desirable and requested. There isn’t a single thing I can think of that they did that from a GUI standpoint was necessary. If you dig the way it’s done now (and you don’t, which makes your criticism of my posts “strange”) then that still doesn’t exclude the possibility to code it so that there’s the option to use the tabs or have all extended into one larger section. And this doesn’t even address unconventional horizontal sliders with difficult to read text running through them, a standard found, well, pretty much nowhere in professional audio-land.

Name dropping a big composer doesn’t help convince me that the Control Room GUI is well designed for the dialog editor, the sound designer, the re-recording engineer etc. Good for him that it isn’t annoying (we assume).

Feel free to like or dislike the criticism. All I have to say is that sitting still and not saying anything while paying them money for the app tells them one thing and one thing only: Keep doing what you’re doing. If history tells us anything it is that there’s a way to get the oil to the wheel. Not doing anything ain’t it.