[SOLVED] Is it possible to edit two tracks with variaudio

I thought this would be a new feature of Cubase 7 that you can edit two "solo"Audio-Tracks at once like midi…

lasso only…maybe ctrl a for select all though I didn’t try this.

Well, I can´t - neither one, nor the other

is there someone that could give “how to” ?

You mean “how to select several tracks / events”?
You need to de-select “edit active audio event only”

More exactly, I would like to know “how to select several audio parts and edit them at the same time in variaudio” ?

Well it’s pretty obvious aside from what thinking cap just mentioned…select the multiple events, open the editor…edit. If you don’t know how to select multiple events or use variaudio at all then check the manual.

If you have a more specific question or problem or get stuck then ask, but give it a go…there’s nothing requiring a detailed “how to”.

Have you even tried - doesn´t sound like…? If you don´t know how to select several things on a computer, you might need a basic computer course…

Keep cool guys … it’s just a simple question.
I know how to select multiple track parts but don’t know how to open all selected audio parts in only one audio editor to use variaudio. If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

I know and use cubase since existing on ATARI ST … so please don’t judge computer skills only on one question specially that i’m project leader in software development :slight_smile:

English is not my mother language, do you speak french ?

I’m not judging your computer skills just hoping that you could narrow down your issue which you did.

If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

Not 100% but I think you may need to check “link editors” in preferences/editing.

“Link editor” give a link between the current position of the cursor in the project windows and the position of th cursor in the editors (audio, midi …).

In fact, I found the solution, when selecting several audio parts and then double click on, you get only one audio editor window, OK, now before activating variaudio, deactivate the “Edit Active Part Only” button and then activate variaudio, you get one color per audio part analysed by variaudio.
When you select one note to move, the audio wave corresponding to the selected note appear in background of the audio editor window.

So, editing several audio parts at the same time in one audio editor with variaudio is possible.

2 Likes

Nice to see, people actually read the answers they get…

I found the solution, when selecting several audio parts and then double click on, you get only one audio editor window,

Well this is what was suggested to you before but you previously disagreed!

If I double click on the multiple selection I get one audio editor windows per track parts.

Anyhow… glad you’ve worked it out.

You’re right thinkingcap, but if you had added “…in the audio editor” that would have been more clear :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
In my future question I will be more precise.

Maybe I have the same issue? I am trying to do something that seems like it should be really simple, but but am having a tough time. I have two vocal tracks. I want to match the timing one of against the other manually, using VariAudio. I cannot seem to figure out how to open both tracks in the sample editor and simply drag the timing of one to visually match the other. I can open the two tracks but just can’t seem to get them to display one above the other. I have tried all variation of checking/unchecking “Link Editors” in preferences, selecting/deselecting “Edit Active Audio Event Only”. Why is this so hard? I could have sworn I saw them display like this a couple of days ago unintentionally. Am I missing something?

I have been trying to select several tracks and show them in the same editor window to visually align the timing of one track against the other, but I cannot seem to do this, no matter whether I select “Edit Active Audio Event only” or “Link Editors”. In fact, “Edit Active Audio Event only” doesn’t seem to affect anything at all. I can only see one track at a time. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Maybe I am having the same problem GE had. I cannot seem to display 2 tracks in the sample editor one above the other – extremely useful to match one vocal track’s timing against another when using VariAudio. Selecting both events and opening the editor opens both, sure, but then you can only select one at a time from the drop down next to “Edit Active Audio Event only”. I have pored through the manual, searched, and tried random things in Cubase. No dice.

Thank you so much. I’ve been using Cubase for nearly 20 years now (obviously this wasn’t available then) but if you record a vocal with 2 or more mics positioned in front of the singer, this seems a kind of obvious thing to want to do.

The only button I didn’t know was the “Edit Active Part Only”.

Thanks again. It’s so obvious really, but if you don’t know the answer… you’ll do them individually which seems like such a poor idea.

I read this post and I had to translate the solution:

Select several audio parts and then double click to engage the EDITOR. You will get only one EDITOR window. OK, before activating VariAudio, deactivate the ‘Edit Active Part Only’ via a button (found in the EDITOR window). Now activate VariAudio. You will get one color per audio part analyzed by VariAudio. When you select one note to move, the audio wave corresponding to the selected note appears in the background of the EDITOR window.