Logidy foot switch controlling CB7 transport ?

Cubic13,
Thanks again ! Been outta town and haven’t had a chance to try your suggestion but will tonight.
And BTW I heard back from Logidy tech support the following:

“The release message is the same as the “push down” message except for the value of the V2 field which is forced to 0.” This predicts the behavior of the product accurately and provides a explanation for what you are experiencing. As to whether you might be able to use this information to achieve the desired outcome depends on Cubase’s ability to discriminate messages from the content of the 3rd MIDI byte (we call it V2). Hopefully you will find the answer to that in Cubase’s documentation.

So I now at least understand that the purpose of the “Release Message” is to override or drive any non-zero setting you have put in for V2 to zero when the Release Message is “ON” so that you’ve effectively created a midi note on-off message. I had erroneously thought depressing the switch would send the first midi message type byte (like “Note ON”) along with the second byte (V1) (e.g. “ON” or “RECORD” CC 119") and releasing the switch would send the same message type byte but this time with V2 (e.g. “OFF” or "STOP RECORD CC 117). I did not understand why you would want to override a non-zero value for V2 with a “0” rather than just putting the “0” in for V2 in the first place, so I assumed it was some sort of typo in the manual.

BTW Logidy took exception to my observation that their documentation was insufficient and I was apparently the first person in 4 years to make note of this. I guess I’m just some weirdo terminally stupid idiot.

I have my doubts now that I can put Cubase into Record with a button push and then Stop with release of that same button as I had originally wanted. But I certainly can make it toggle between Record and Stop with sequential pushes of one button which I suppose is just as good for my purposes.

I do however want to rewind and redo a take, e.g. first button causes Start Record on first press and Stop Record on second press with no rewind, and second button causes a rewind to the beginning of the take. Any idea what the settings are for a rewind ? Or is it back to the Cubase manual for me. Surely you don’t have to set
the Locaters every time to get a rewind back to the beginning of your last take.