MCU Functions Expanded in 7.5

Did anyone of you use a second controller beside the mcu like me?

I use a BCR2000 for channel EQs in 14Bit precision on frequency range.
BCR2000 offers 4 speeds for the encoders, so you can slow tun the encoder and go in Hz steps or turn real fast and use it as an FX for example.

I use a part of the BCR2000 for Control Room, Zoom, scrub (better than MCU scrub) and other functions.
Link is in my signature , sorry only in german.

Thanks. You are a genius.

Does anyone know how I could assign the two “move to next/last track buttons” to move through the different track visibility configurations… Please.

Many thanks

Thanks for the generic remote but, I STILL NEED MY BANK BUTTONS BACK!

OK, for Cubase 7.5 there is a chance to get the mix Console Presets through the Fader Bank Buttons on the MCU.
It is another function in the Generic Remote as in C7.

You just have to add a generic remote under remote devices and import my xml for 7.5.
Then you connect just the midi input with the macke control midi input device.
There you go!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32364184/MCU_FaderBanksC7.5.xml

Only problem is the window focus!
The Mix Console Window must be in Focus to control the presets with the fader bank buttons.
Please Steinberg make this function not window focused!

I know about visibility presets and the generic remote, I already have them programmed however, this has nothing to to do with the lost MCU “bank” functionality.

Yes! Except now there are Project Window Presets, also.
Those same commands control either window depending on focus.

Seems like maybe they need to make separate commands for the Mix and Project windows - that way, on the MCU (or with key commands) one could choose which one to control . . . or maybe use 4 buttons for the Mix Console and 4 for the Project . . whatever floats your boat.

Of course, the focus issue still needs to be fixed.
But it really can’t be fixed without losing one window’s key commands until they separate them (add separate commands).
I also noticed that "sync project and Mix . . " in the configuration options does not apply to the presets (EDIT): Wrong. It does work. Not sure why I thought that. - only to tracks clicked under the visibility tab.

Hugh

You know if you use “shift” with the bank buttons they will be bank buttons again.
“Shift” again while pressing them makes them “Channel” (one at a time) buttons.

I think - with all the new functions - they ran out of buttons . . .
Had to have “page” buttons somewhere, so they stole the “channel” buttons for that.

Personally I’m more than fine with it.

Hugh

Personally I’m more than fine with it.

Me too!

^Me too. Finally have pretty decent functionality back with my MCU and extenders. Anyone know how one would go about getting a professional looking overlay for the MCU with the updated features?

If somebody has excellent graphics design skills there are services . . .

http://www.my1stop.com/Graphic-Overlays.aspx
http://www.datagraphicsinc.com/digital-printed-overlays.html

. . etc.

If a number of us wanted them it would reduce the cost, perhaps.

Google “cutting custom paper overlays”
is what I did.

Hugh,

Where did you learn of all the changes? Is it in the manual?

On a related note, since many of us spend hours setting up the customized Remote Control Editor for each plug in, (I don’t like the defaults) does anyone know where this data is stored?

I looked on my 3 page list of places where Steinberg stores stuff, and nothing is mentioned about the Remote Control editor.

When my C drive crashes and I have to install Cubase on a new drive I want to be able to retrieve this from my external back up drive, but I don’t know where it’s located.

I’m on Windows 7. Thank you!

No. I noticed things had changed when I first booted 7.5 and just started pushing buttons.
The manual was slightly inaccurate BEFORE the changes.
Now it’s a mess.

Shift for me is “undo” now. I’m using a mackie control emulation in Lemur

The data ist stored in:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\VST XMLs\PLUGINVENDOR

There are the XMLs of the Remote Control Editor .

I wish that Steinberg make extended use of the RCE .
Hopefully they make the controls under Generic Remote available (not just the 8 VSTi Quickcontrols) .
I don´t like the RCE Mackie Control Integration , it is´t very handy (too much buttons to press).
My personal Idea would be a Editor Window focused Remote Control Editor page switch.
For example you have a VSTi Editor Window in front (focused) the controller would automatically assign the releated RCE Page.
Then if you switch to a insertplugin editor focus the controls switch automatically to that RCE Page.
That would be a livesaver for me :smiley: .
Then they just have to program a lock button to lock the controls to the last plugin that was focused, so any new plugineditor in focus didn´t switch the controls any more.

Then a control dream would come true :slight_smile:

If anyone from Steinberg is reading this, please post a basic list of Mackie functions in 7.5? I wish I had a few hours to kill to discover everything, but in this day and age there really isn’t a reason not to have this stuff documented. Thanks!

+1

It doesn’t have to be a swish pdf document; perfect in its presentation. Just a table of features and key commands.

Parlanchin :slight_smile:

+1 on the new function explained !

+1 ^ That would be very helpful and should be very easy for them to generate in PDF format.

Provided they have it written down somewhere…