[Solved] How to upgrade to 7.0.7 with 7.5?

.…Now I expect I will get the weirdo’s shouting at me TROLL, TWIT etc… lambasting me for this post…

Hey David,

I have no interest in calling you troll or twit or anything else.

I’m not Helge Vogt either, but this is how I see it…if I may.

First some brief history to aid in making my point…

I was a Sonar user since Studio 6 all the way up to Sonar Producer X2a.

X1 had 4 updates to X1’d’.

That’s what it took to finally make the initial ‘flop release’ of X1 stable.

Conversely, X2 had only one update to X2’a’.

After a year of dead silence even though they [Cakewalk] were reading countless post after post on their forums of increasingly angry customers, finally broke their silence with X3 - and not only charged money for it while leaving X2a broken and abandoned, but they even increased the upgrade price!

Some of us - many in fact right on their forums - announced that we were jumping ship even before that new X3 version came out.

I, along with others, chose to come over to Cubase 6.5 this June-July [then 7.0 - 7.0.6].

Now of course, as you know, it was not necessary for me to pay $49 for Cubase 7.5 - but simply my choice.

I could have stayed with 7.0.6.

Still can if I want to. Separate versions.

For those that wish to stay and not upgrade, I think it’s admirable of SB to add one more free update for 7.0.6 as with any new version, [7.5], there are inevitable bugs that many users wish to have smoothed out before they consider an upgrade, in addition to wanting to see how others like it.

So for them, SB is still supporting THAT version [7.0.6 > 7.0.7 in Jan. 2014].

Meanwhile, SB has come up with some changes and some goodies to add for those of us that wish to pay the upgrade fee.

[For me, $49 is a no-brainer for what they’ve done & included - but that’s just me.]

For others, SB are still considering their desire to stick with 7.0.6 by adding one more update - free of charge.

Unlike Cakewalk that has done irreparable damage by ignoring & abandoning many of their long time customers with a known broken X2a version, and then having the audacity to ask for even more money than usual for something new, only to chase many of us away, I think this is a good decision by SB - covering both groups of customers.

Perhaps this provides an alternate way of looking at it all. :wink: