Loudness Meter; assignable source

I don’t like that the loudness meter isn’t assignable to any of the sources for control room monitoring. There are situations where the outputs/groups it allows you to monitor aren’t the ones you want to listen to.

So either have the meter follow the chosen source for monitoring, or have the meter have its own assignable source.

+1

+1

+1

Chewy

+1

+1

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think we should be able to get loudness meter automatically on every output we create.

Wether you turn it on would be up to you for the sake of your processor, of course.

And loudness meter should be time code aware everywhere…

Regarding multiple loudness meter, it could also be multiple loudness tracks, assignable to whatever track output (not only output tracks, and more flexible this way)
Alerts could be done loudness track by loudness track then…

There is room for lots of improvements regarding loudness, but the short term history presented on the loudness is still right now an exclusivity and a really brilliant idea imho.

+1 for me as well.
I’m getting more and more involved with TV media and I find any improvement done to the loudness track is a welcome bonus (thanks for the upcoming peak logging !).