Audio editor

Good evening Fredo,
if, as you wrote, it is possible to use “Detect Silence” in the Pool Window it would be fine. But unfortunatly I do not find the appropriate tool in the pool window. If “Detect Silence” has been used and performed in the Project Window and as far as I have informed myself by the manual the “Detect Silence” option is only available in the Project Window than the regions do appear in the pool Window as single “files”.
But that causes me to place the original file in the Project Window, execute the “Detect Silence” option, than delete all the computed events of that file in the Project Window and select the wanted event"file"(region) from the Pool Window.
Why do I want to have this option: If you do a wild foley recording of SFXs that are not recorded in sync to the picture or for a radio play or for radio or TV commercials, and you record in one file a lot of differen SFXs or dialogue lines or what content ever, at last you have a bunch of different audio events in one single file, it is very convenient if you have the different regions available in the pool window instantly without the above described workaround.
So if I have access to the “Detect Silence” option directly in the Pool Window that would be very comfortable.

Have a nice evening

Carsten