Can't save as mp3

I have LE 8 installed on 64 bit Windows 8, and I can’t seem to save as mp3 - it’s just not listed as a format in the drop down.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Hello Rob,

Outside the full versions of Cubase 7, Nuendo 6 and Wavelab 8, the Mp3 encoder comes only as a demo license with Cubase LE/AI/Elements 6 and Wavelab LE/Elements 7 and Sequel. You will need to purchase the Mp3 upgrade patch to have a full license allowing you to export Mp3’s from inside your application.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/500242444.html

*Purchasing this upgrade will give you a 32 character activation code to download the license to your eLicenser will allow you the ability to export in the Audio Mixdown window using the MPEG 1 Layer-3 format which is the same as the Mp3 format.

I have the same problem except with WaveLab LE7. I purchased the MP3 encoder patch and after a “successful” installation, I am still unable to save as an MP3. It does not appear in the dialogs. How do I resolve this issue? Thank you.

Hello Just_Garret,

I’ve sent you PM.

I have no PMs.

Hello Just_Garrett,

When you go to Render in Wavelab LE, under File Format>Factory Settings> what options do you see? Also please provide your original 32 character activation code that begins with 0240 for your purchase of the Mp3 Upgrade Patch.

Hello

I also have the same problem.

I installed Wavelab LE, than I bought mp3 upgrade patch and installed it. I also tought that it was successful. It wasn’t.

In my File Format → Factory presets in Render mode I only have 3 kinds of wave, and few encoded ones (FLAC, Ogg and WMA), none of them is MPEG. I also don’t have MPEG in types of file format when I click ‘edit’ in presets window.

What could go wrong?

Hello Gonz,

Can you provide your 32 character activation code that begins with 0240 for the Mp3 upgrade patch?

Of course I can, but don’t know how.

I’m not going to paste it here on public forum, and I can’t write a PM as a new member of forum. e-mail maybe?

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as Gonz above.

Purchased MP3 upgrade, successfully installed - license OK, go to File, Save As MPEG-1 Layer 3 MP3 (which wasn’t an option I had before) - OK, but then on the dialog window behind this which is now revealed, the Output Format is what it was before (in my case OSQ) and selecting the drop down list Factory Presets, etc. does not list an MP3 format.

I did notice the MP3 installer installed a 32 and 64-bit version to the C: drive which I had no control over, yet my WaveLab LE 8 I installed on D: :frowning:

Main difference - in opposite to Hackencrasch I still don’t have MPEG option in save or render menu.

I’ve been dealing with this issue for what seems to be forever. I’ve sent PMs with the requested information (to solve the problem) and all these messages magically disappear somehow. This is a ridiculously frustrating situation. The upgrade was only $15.99 US, but It’s very annoying. Not only that the upgrade stupidly complicated, but that the forum loses records of all the PMs.

I bought this upgrade to save MP3’s - the upgrade doesn’t work - can I have my money back please?

Hello

After testing Wavelab LE8 version (8.0.3) on both Windows 7 and OSX 10.9 Mavericks, I have found that Wavelab LE 8 does not currently support the Mp3 Upgrade Patch. However if you purchased from the shop account the list of Steinberg compatible software never includes Wavelab (LE), it only mentions Wavelab Elements. I do understand the confusion but if you need that list you can find it here.

I have opened an mp3, spent hours editing and now can’t save, will not allow me to save as WAV either - is this the same problem? Have I lost all my work unless I upgrade (which doesn’t appear to work for others anyway). Happy to have it as WAV, just want to save my work!

Hello RWimborne,

Although the Mp3 upgrade patch does not work in Wavelab LE, the .wav format is usable. If you imported an Mp3, you must convert the mp3 to the sample rate of the session before it will allow you to export. Before I give you more detailed instructions. I need to know the following for your system.

1. What operating system are you running? (PC: Start>Computer, right click to select Properties) (Mac: Go to Apple Icon>About this Mac)

2. Are you running Wavelab LE7 or LE8 and what build version?

This is important to know in providing you a more accurate response.

Just want to clarify regarding Wavelab LE8. If I want to save mp3, I must upgrade to Wavelab Elements and also purchase the mp3 upgrade patch? Is that correct?

thanks,

Hello Sandi,

In my findings yes that is the case or you can purchase Wavelab 8.5 (full) which comes with the Mp3 Upgrade Patch in the purchase.

i have been rendering as .mp3 LE8 for over a year
and now suddenly i can’t

dave

Hello Dave,

Wavelab LE8 does not support the Mp3 Upgrade Patch. Are you sure you didn’t have Wavelab LE7 or Elements 7 or 8 installed? Wavelab Elements 7 and 8 included a 30 day trial of the Mp3 Encoder Patch. If that is the case you would need to purchase the patch. You can access it from our online shop at the following link.