Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

You got to buy it :wink:

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist…in Steinberg land.

Seriously, if Steinberg have not prepared a fixlist from N6 and up, I start to wonder… :confused:
They HAD to know THAT question were coming.

It was temporarily unavailable but it is back online again.

Great news… Thanks :wink:

Amazingly, I am somehow able to enjoy using Nuendo to make music daily. I find it a pleasure to work with, and for some of us who have been doing this for decades now, it is “magic from the future” compared to software we were using not so long ago. The power and stability of my current N6 setup would have been a mere fantasy only a few years ago.

It’s all relative to a given mindset. Software that some people consider unusable has made me a lot of money, and been fun in the process. I’m kind of over virtually any topic, including the long awaited THE SOFTWARE IS NOW SHIPPING!!! being turned into yet another reason to complain.

Find something you enjoy working with and get on with it. Good advice, unlikely to be taken, I’m afraid.

Did you figure that that was the point of my post? Try again, and quote another more important sentence :wink:

PS. I have done this for 35+ years, making music with Nuendo since N1.6 and Cubase since SX1.
So apart from some bugs, and some kidding, I’ll do very fine with Cubendo. It is actually my favorite DAW :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: Go figure

N 4.3 was more stable and faster to work with for me, and I think that was 5 years ago.

I’m glad that the bugs in N6 don’t affect you, but some of them do affect me (one in particular has cost me hours of my time). The only reason I was asking about a bug fix list was because it had previously been promised. I will probably d/l the N6.5 trial at some point, when I’m not so busy, and test the program for myself, but was just hoping to avoid wasting time, if the bugs that affect me haven’t been fixed.

DG

Downloaded my 6.5 upgrd with NEK this morning.
Clicked setup, pasted in my licence key and VOILÀ!
Instant Nuendo 6,5, loaded my most recent project and every thing runs flawlessly.
Well done SB!

Really, I was just wondering if/hoping that we could congratulate the release of 6.5 for maybe one whole day before getting back into , “I’m unhappy because”…“they should have done this differently”…, etc".

I’m sure many people at Steinberg have worked very hard to to make 6.5. I will guarantee sleep was lost getting 6.5 out the door. They are humans. I think treating them as such and simply saying “thanks” here and there is the right thing to do.

This update is working perfectly so far. Well done Steinberg!

I’ve worked the whole day on a documentary without any problems whatsoever.

Upon installation Melodyne caused a crash so I uninstalled it. Nuendo then booted up correctly. I re-installed Melodyne and Nuendo started without hassle. Will check this one properly when I have a chance.

So far the subtle graphic changes (in the Project window and Mixer) are really good. Everything seems just that much sharper. I prefer the look of the mixer without the ‘brushed’ steel look.

The ‘channel visiblity’ settings in the Project window is a great addition!

I’m looking forward to exploring all of the new features.

Robin

All I said was, That Steinberg had to know that the “What bugs have been fixed?” and “Are there a list of fixed bugs?” (since N6.0.7 that is) were coming.

From some this might be the difference to buy/upgrade or not, and therefore should be in Steinberg’s best interest.

I happen to “love” Cubase and Nuendo, but I do not like the direction of the Mixer and Control Room (which is important TO ME). I feel I have the right to make my voice heard :confused:
Do anyone have a suggestion of where my voice can be heard? Is not this forum a place to discuss things like this (without being attacked every time)?

I’m happy for Nuendo 6.5. Congrats to Steinberg, congrats to the Nuendo Post community (I’ll leave you here, after being with Nuendo since v1.6).
I will continue the struggle against the new Mix Console and Control Room, going Cubase only (used Cubase since SX1).

This is what I am saying. It seems to me that initially leading with something like the above in a thread announcing a new version shipping, before beginning the critique, would be effective. If I’m Timo, Ed, Fredo, etc, that would make a difference to me after having busted it to get the new release out. Any of us would feel the same after having worked hard on a project.

That’s all I’m saying.

You don’t have to buy it to discover what has been fixed. The info is available, though it’s not offered in the form and packaging you would prefer. As you have said, you are going Cubase only, so you don’t have a personal stake in this fix list, but, perhaps you remain interested for the sake of others. Like Timo said, Nuendo has the fixes that Cubase 7.5.2 has. Here is a link to that list. http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_7_and_Cubase_Artist_7/7.5.20/Cubase_7.5.20_Cubase_Artist_7.5.20_VersionHistory_Known_issues.pdf

Evidently your voice is being heard here in the Steinberg forum and the question is disingenuous.

Thanks, that was very useful. It may be worth upgrading now, as the bug that was costing me hours of time seems to have been fixed.

DG

Yes I remain interested for the sake of others, as I am the “IT/Computer go to guy” for several. Including Nuendo users.

Thanks for the link.
I should have figured that this release was on par with Cubase 7.5? Shouldn’t I?
Something NOT in Cubase 7.5.2 that are fixed?

The, “you got to buy it” statement… had a :wink: attached, as in “you know what I mean”. Sorry for a tiny hidden joke :mrgreen:

And one more congrats to Steinberg. IMPORTANT!

For the first time it is clear to me that there’s an obvious difference between the Music and Post app. With the last version, C7.6 and 6.5, that is.
With all the new Post features in N6.5, it is finally an easy choice for me (as a musicproducer only) to choose what’s most appropriate for me, and my line of work.

That’s a great achievement. Congrats again to Steinberg.

My part in the “leapfrogging” business is finally over :smiley:

PS 1. In here, there are no hidden jokes either.

PS 2. I have to admit that it is a bit sad to leave an app behind, your favorite app since version 1.x (up until N5.5, which I will still be using).

Well cubase and nuendo are very similar…I have always liked both. but went with Nuendo + NEK best of both worlds if you can afford the 2000 to start with. If your running a business you can easily write that off or do enough projects to pay for it. Should be a no brainer.

It used to be a no brainer, when Nuendo had a superior GUI over Cubase.

I am a musicproducer/engineer only, and have been using both Cubase and Nuendo in paralell since both versions 1 (SX1 and N1.6). Obviously written off, during the 15 years I have been running my own studio :wink:

But as said, finally I can see the line between the Music and Post app (as Steinberg has touted for years). So, for the first time my choice was easy, going all Cubase from here (if they do something with the Mixer and CR), and ommiting the “leapfrogging”.

Congrats on Nuendo 6.5 (I will of corse look into it :wink:). Good luck, and a happy weekend to all at Steinberg and in the forum.

I have a couple of Nuendo licences as I kept a Nuendo 2.0 “just in case” - I noticed that the option to upgrade has changed from being 2 and 3 to latest version + NEK to just version 3 to latest + NEK. Have I missed the boat, have the birds flown has my emergency recovery plan bitten the dust ?

All the best - Andrew

Exactly my issue, as well. Fortunately, I have both a 2 and a 3 license. It’s unfortunate that they removed this option.

Best to you as well. I am also a music producer using Nuendo instead of Cubase. I was going to comment here about why I will continue with Nuendo, but I will start a new thread to keep this one cleaner.

You seem a good guy. I apologize if I leaned in too hard, earlier.

No worries. I have been taking a beating in this forum for roughly 14 years :laughing:

It would be interesting to see why you will choose Nuendo instead of Cubase.
For me it used to be Nuendo all the way. Up until C6 and N5, Nuendo always had the better GUI (it just felt better for some reason).
As I also have an edit suite going, equiped with Cubase, it will be easier to go Cubase only for both places. A bit less money spent (but not a real issue).

I’m a good guy…nah. I’m an old grumpy guy (soon to be retired) :slight_smile: