All project info shared in a network setup

Hello,

I agree about increased network sharing access and control over it’s behavior. PT users new to Nuendo who see the network functionality quickly imagine all kinds of coolness. With a little direction they start messing around and love it, then quickly come up against it’s limitations. Folks with vastly different setups could work on the same project with access to everything if permissions are correctly implemented which is done so often in other fields there are models to work from.

In a mix room with the AEs on laptops and headphones it would be simple to admin the permissions so they can update anything, including automation. They don’t need the same I/O setup or set of plugins because if they don’t have it on their laptop they either can’t change it or they are admin’d out of access to it. For the ultimate in access the app could be set up to allow them to select everything the multi-madi playback system has assigned but of course they can’t access it themselves. Example - our triple-madi record and playback systems have all that I/O that a laptop doesn’t and the session is built with it. The networked AE on his laptop and phones can even change that I/O but of course it’s virtual, he doesn’t actually have it. The “virtual” part can be designed to allow him to still hear it out his headphone jack.

The possibilities are large, with big-data models to work from, and it’s much in need of an update.

Hugh