double recording with midi

Hey all, it’s not new but I have this trouble of double recorded notes in midi (all the notes are recorded twoo times, same place, same time, one on the other). I can use delete double every time but I’m looking for a more final way to do this. I found some pages in the forum but all error 404, unfortunately. Some says it has to do with midi filters in préférences, others in midi inputs …; I’m lost, thanks for your help.

Sounds like you might have local midi echo improperly set.
http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/midi-echo/

Try disabling midi thru in the Cubase midi preferences

I have had the same problem because of the virus ti. I had to make sure that my main audio interface was selected in the “input” of the midi track or both would send midi data and I would get doubles.

Thanks all.
Peakae, I already had tryed disabling midi thru without succes. I finalyy solved the problem in midi inputs disabling Windows inputs.

“Thanks all.
Peakae, I already had tryed disabling midi thru without succes. I finalyy solved the problem in midi inputs disabling Windows inputs.”

Could I ask that you expand on this “disabling Windows Input”?

Do you have your midi track input set to “All MIDI inputs” by chance? That’ll often do it.

Same problem here. I tried all of the above without success. I finally set my master keyboard to local control ‘off’…and that did the trick.

To me this doesn’t really make sense, there’s no logic in there…but is worked like a charm.