Has anyone tried a dual boot system with Win7 & WinXP?

Ah, the Ol’ dual boot war from the old forum! NOoooooooo! :laughing:

I for one am all for bringing Cubase VST 5 (5/32) back to life for ‘whatever’ the reasons, and if newer computers don’t wanna’ play well with it, you can always run it (and other old software) on an older spec Win XP machine. In fact, I built a near replica of my older spec XP machine a while back (for reasons of having more ‘power’ & redundancy among machines). The ‘original’ machine cost around $2,500 to build, the ‘replica’ cost around $500 using mostly used components. Just began building a 3rd replica yesterday…for even less because I held out for finding the best prices! :smiley:

I’m over the dual boot thing for ‘myself’ …especially because for some reason, when I made ‘images’ of my dual boot DAW, (for reasons of using the internet on it with one boot, and music recording on the other boot) when needing to call upon my ‘image’ due to any major failure, things were always screwed up, and had trouble booting on both boots after that :confused: When I wiped the whole thing, and started completely fresh with ONE single boot, those images (made with the same imaging software) worked fine! Other than my weird experience with ‘images’ with a dual boot, it all worked fine.

But as opposed to ever using a dual boot again, my own preference (though wasn’t asked) is to use another computer for different tasks :bulb: