midi editor

To be clear, as some of use who are sticklers for clarity, if not a down right Nazi over it, especially when reading a scholarship winning post of clarity like this! :laughing: …

You of course are referring to to ‘some version’ of Cubase you’re using that you find it’s hard to compose within it’s midi editor. And you find that when comparing it with Fruity Loops, which I would assume that you’ve become comfortably familiar with and used to for your ‘composing’ (or composting) skills…ahem…what ever THAT may be is anyone’s guess judging by your astounding abilities to convey & articulate.

Anyway, depending on how you compose…what…with a mouse? A midi keyboard or midi guitar controller? Drag N’ Dropping pre-made midi compositions, such as those which offer complete song arrangements within different genre’s of music - you can throw us all a bone at any time here - you simply open & use a keyboard midi editor and by whatever means, enter your midi into your track(s).

I tried Fruity Loops several years ago, and what I recall the concept of ‘blocks’ that can be copied/pasted/repeated was completely new to me at the time. When familiar with Cubase, it can be similar…‘blocks’ can still be visualized in the same way, cut/copied/pasted/moved etc to repeat, say verses, and choruses etc to ‘compose’.

If I’m way off on answering properly & correctly, I only have YOU to fully blame :exclamation:

You may now THANK me :mrgreen: