Patch scripts for Roland JV Expansion Cards?

Glad it’s all sorted. Just wanted to say that I miss using my JV2080 because of that fatness of the sounds! Haven’t found anything with quite the same character yet… Maybe Roland are listening and they’ll bring back some of that magic. I still use most of my old hardware synths each for it’s own character, but it’s hard not to just fire up a softsynth with instant recall, easy twiddlability and themselves, great sounds!

Mike.

Hi vintagevibe

Are you on PC or MAC? [P.S. you should attach a signature with your specs to your mails…
Goto My Steinberg/Support/Forum…and add your specs in the Signature block…]

For windows, your active scripts are stored in
bootdrive[probably C:]/users//Appdata/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase7[orCubase7_64 if you are!]/Scripts/Patchnames
For mac they are at :
Library/Preferences/Cubase7

You should copy your new script to that folder…
To confirm its availability either

1]
set up a 1080 track in Cubase, and check the inspector to see if the new exp cards are there OR

2]
Within Cubase, the name of the “device” corresponds to the [device name] entry on line 7 in the script…
you can change this name to reflect its contents - eg, “JV1080 +4 EXP”… just edit that line and save the file - it’s much easier to identify that the correct script is loaded when the name is more specific…

Start Cubase - Cubase won’t see new edits until after the files have been saved in the correct location and CB is restarted!
Open Devices/Midi Device Manager…if the 1080 appears in the “installed devices” column on the left, select it and click the “Open Device” button. If it’s not there, click on “Install Device” and there should be an entry for the 1080 device in the dropdown…add it to the installed devices and proceed as before.
When the relevant script is selected in the installed devices, click on “Open Device”, type in a name if required. When the Editor opens, click on the “Device” dropdown, and select patch banks. Left-hand display changes to “Patches/Performances/Rhythm” [these entries reflect the modes you have included in the script] Expand on patches, you should see your 4 EXP slot sections …

You can expand each slot and each element [1~32,33~64 etc], and click on any entry to see it’s relevant Bank Select/Prog chng info

Method 2 takes a lot longer, but it shows you some more of the internal workings of the patch script module

Cheers
Andy

Actually they have brought back the magic. Have you seen the Integra 7? It has every expansion card they have ever made plus all the modern Super Natural stuff. (RMCAudioDirect.com has it for under $1500.)
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Integra7?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=keyboards&utm_term=roland_integra_7

Ah yes thanks for pointing that out, I did see it just recently, I’ll have to go and play with it - perhaps this one does sound the same?? You got me thinking…

I have a Fantom which has some of the same samples in it but it just doesn’t sound the same. It’s not the samples its the different electronics and different software operation/effects that make the JV in some circumstances a better sound for me. But it’s an interesting subject because I have the Korg software emulations and their M1 is modelled to include the output electronics as well. That must be for good reason, I really think it does a good job of sounding like the real thing!

Mike.

*I have a few there from different places… Mostly JV-2080 & XV-5080 because those are the 2 I have…I may have some 1080’s in there though… :nerd:

Much appreciated but andyoc has gotten me all set up. This forum has been extremely helpful. :smiley:

Hi G-string!

I’m still using the orchestral card. Are you willing to send me your XML files?
Thanks in advance!
Herbert

Hello
I have a JV2080 with 7 expansion cards for which I have no script and even less idea of what to do if I did have a patch list script. The cards are: Session; Orch I; Orch II; Bass & Drums; Piano; Vintage Synths; 60s & 70s keyboards.

Hi theRoyal1, I found your post while searching for the XV-5080 XML-file that’s needed to add the synth to the “MIDI Device Manager” in Cubase Pro 8.0. Would you mind sharing the one that you have? Cheers…

Sorry, forgot about this…you guys still need these? I can upload or put on dropbox

Yes…they would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve been using the XV Editor from Roland. Its a handy piece of software.

Tom

Can you use the XV Editor to make XML-files for Cubase?

Hi!
I stumbled across this post looking for patch scripts for my JV. Any chance on getting a PM with the app mentioned by Gargoyle? :slight_smile:
/Magforce

Hallo,
could you please upload again your scripts for JV expansion cards?

It has been removed from thr administrator ;(

Please …Help!!!..does anyone have scripts for

A: SR -JV80-04 synth
B: SR - JV80 -14 Asia
C: SR - JV80 - 8 ´keys of 60´s70
D: SR -JV80 - 01 POP

I’ve done a script for your 4 EXP boards. PM your email and I’ll forward it to you [can’t attach it here]

This script has to be added to the Preset script for your instrument
The Preset script should be placed in
C:]/users//Appdata/Roaming/Steinberg//Scripts/Patchnames

Open that script in a text editor. The last line should be “[End]”

Just before the last line, create a new line and insert my script there [no blank lines allowed]

Hope this works - I’ve done it on the blind…
Let me know

Andy

1 Like

Can you sand me the files for those expoansions?

Thanks

But is 404