CMC not fully supported in Cubase 8 ??

Completely agree. I’ve had so many MIDI control units in my life and they all seemed to not do it for me. I got rid of all of them, eventually.

The CMC series is perfect in almost every way. Tactile, easy to read in the dark, nicely designed graphics, layout and form, good use of colors while still being subtle, recessed in all the right areas, modular, portable, and has just the right balance of features vs non-clutter.

It’s a work of industrial engineering art. Especially considering the low price and inexpensive chassis materials.

I don’t think any controller could be engineered that would make me like it more than these little units.

Well, there is one small thing. I wish there were a QC style module without detents on the knobs; just perfectly smooth for doing smooth sweeps. You can get around this by just holding it firmly and keeping it steady as it passes each detent.

I think they’ll be supported for a long time because they piggyback on the HUI standard.

My main fear was the LED Dimmer checkbox in the Cubase menu, but it’s there in Cubase 8, so we’re safe for now.

If support ever ends in Cubase, someone (perhaps even me) may get a BOME Midi Translator (or similar) workaround happening. Hopefully, it won’t come to that.