Cubase For Nuendo-ers

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
GTBannah

Cubase For Nuendo-ers

Post by GTBannah » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:15 am

Pardon me, if this has been asked before but, seeing, that Cubase is updated before Nuendo, apparently as the testing ground, could us Nuendo-ers have access to Cubase at a discounted price? ;)

Many of use do music as well as post and, while we have the NEK, invariably, the NEK will get the Cubasesque updates well after Cubase does.

Comments, anyone?
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.6; Nuendo 8.3.20.345; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00; Dorico V3.0.0.1038 (Loving it).

Marsman

Re: Cubase For Nuendo-ers

Post by Marsman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:21 pm

yeah, discount is not a bad idea.

alternatively it could be a free time limited Cubase license bound to the Nuendo license on the same licenser, which works until the next Nuendo version is out, that would be convenient to test all the new features
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 pm

I posted this in another thread:

I have to say that it would really cool if Nuendo owners could get a trial license for Cubase 8 from now until N7 releases.

Hurts no one. Doesn't negatively impact sales or the impetus to upgrade for current Nuendo owners. Just makes a bunch of top shelf users feel valued by Steinberg as they wait for N7 to be finished.

Yes?
N10.0.20 - i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

DG

Post by DG » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm

This has been suggested so many times, but so far has fallen on stoney ground. The easiest solution is that the latest version of Nuendo should also contain a combi licence for the latest version of Cubase.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Bifop

Post by Bifop » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Getalife2 wrote:I posted this in another thread:

I have to say that it would really cool if Nuendo owners could get a trial license for Cubase 8 from now until N7 releases.

Hurts no one. Doesn't negatively impact sales or the impetus to upgrade for current Nuendo owners. Just makes a bunch of top shelf users feel valued by Steinberg as they wait for N7 to be finished.

Yes?
Yes of course ! Not only it wouldn't impact sale, but it'd show Nuendo users what to expect, as far as improvements are concerned. We could test the "road map" somehow.
Extra Nuendo user feedback could also be gained to refine the current Nuendo developpement.
Some bare Nuendo users would probably even get the NEK after testing the extended music features.
DG wrote:This has been suggested so many times, but so far has fallen on stoney ground. The easiest solution is that the latest version of Nuendo should also contain a combi licence for the latest version of Cubase.

DG
A no brainer. Maybe this time Steinberg will reconsider this option.
After all, we now have Nuendo and Cubase demos, vca and soon session import. Steinberg is obviously not so autistic anymore...
Personal setup : Nuendo 10 on ASUS PRIME Z270-A -I7 7700K - Win10 pro 64bits- SSD - 4 x LCD screens + 40" on Blackmagic intensity. Steinberg UR824 + MR816 - 2 X Avid Artist Mix + Artist control + Euphonix transport. LCR Focal Twin.

Nuage 32 faders on Mac Pro 12 cores. 5.1 Focal twin. Ssl Xlogic Alpha link Madi at workplace.

Breeze

Post by Breeze » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:08 pm

So you guys want Steinberg to give you a license to run 2 programs when they're already selling us separate licenses for each one? Like that's going to happen... :lol:

Bifop

Post by Bifop » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Breeze wrote:So you guys want Steinberg to give you a license to run 2 programs when they're already selling us separate licenses for each one? Like that's going to happen... :lol:
Me, putting more wood in the fire, along a syncrosoft dongle and a Steiny puppet, raising my arms toward the sky and praying ; "the Gods of Broadcast will listen to us, the Gods of Broadcast will listen to us.."

:mrgreen:
Personal setup : Nuendo 10 on ASUS PRIME Z270-A -I7 7700K - Win10 pro 64bits- SSD - 4 x LCD screens + 40" on Blackmagic intensity. Steinberg UR824 + MR816 - 2 X Avid Artist Mix + Artist control + Euphonix transport. LCR Focal Twin.

Nuage 32 faders on Mac Pro 12 cores. 5.1 Focal twin. Ssl Xlogic Alpha link Madi at workplace.

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Bifop wrote:Me, putting more wood in the fire, along a syncrosoft dongle and a Steiny puppet, raising my arms toward the sky and praying ; "the Gods of Broadcast will listen to us, the Gods of Broadcast will listen to us.."

:mrgreen:
Looks like it's gonna rain ....

Fredo

Bifop

Post by Bifop » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Fredo wrote: Looks like it's gonna rain ....

Fredo
Lol. Excellent caustic humour... Very Jean Gabin.

Return to “General”