MXF file to Nuendo

Hi everyone. I’m working in an ADR project and files are in MXF format. Every file is around 20GB and contains a mpeg2 video and 8 24/48 audio tracks. Audio is easy to import thru audio import dialog, it is slow but it works. How do you recommend to extract or convert video from mxf to other usable format for Nuendo?

Thanks a lot.

You could use a lot of programs to convert it to quicktime. Might check out this one: MXF Converter for Mac/Windows - Convert MXF to MOV, AVI, MP4, ProRes

You could also try this: http://www.non-lethal-applications.com/video-slave-2.html

Thanks, I tried with “MXF Converter” and it works, but I wondered if it’s possible to extract directly the content from the MXF folder to work with the exact file without conversion.

Finally best way for me is open the mxf file with ProTools 11 and then export the video file to AppleProRes.

Bump.

The most direct solution to solve the issues above is to convert MXF files to mainstream formats, such as convert MXF to MP4, convert MXF to MOV, convert MXF to AVI, convert MXF to WMV, MKV, FLV, WebM, etc, so that you can handle MXF files on most popular players, editors and portable devices.

You can check this article for help: Convert MXF Files for Playback Anywhere Anytime
Good luck.