Widen scroll bars

I never use them, so not a problem for me. Mouse wheel is much easier IMO.

Yeah, if you never use them it stands to reason it wouldn’t be a problem.
Many like myself do & are finding them too thin, even while also using the mouse wheel.

As long as the mouse “target” area is bigger than the line itself, I’m good.

Even though I’m old, and blind :wink:

PS. I seldom use it, so who am I to…?

I find the scroll bars generally too narrow in Cubase, such as scrolling through an effects list, and the new ultra narrow arrange scroll bars are far too narrow, if you hover over them and use the mouse wheel, then the target area is still wide, but to actually click and drag it, you have to be right on it.

I’m on a 1920 x 1200 screen resolution, so maybe they end up smaller than other resolutions.

The micro zoom bars are horrid as well, I was hoping steinberg would use the same zoom bars that Wavelab uses - so much better.

but please Steinberg - make all the scroll bars wider - they should be designed for functionality first, leave all the arty appearance stuff alone.

Part of the problem I’m having with it is when I rt+click on the scroll the Tool buttons windows opens up & scrolls through those selections as well.
The paint fill will keep popping up, annoying & too thin! (or code needs to be tweaked)

+1

Exactly. I agree the new thin scroll bars look great. However functionality should trump cosmetic considerations.

I was working with another daw on some older projects for the last few months. I got back to Cubase yesterday & now I really find these narrow scrollbars irritating to say the least.

Besides this, 2 different size fonts used on tracks (I can’t change either one), drop outs & can’t close the damn thing w/o crashing Cubase is really getting frustrating to use these days.

+1 100%

Scrollbars really need to be bigger. This is a big workflow issue for me.

They absolutely need to be widened.

+1

I guess we have to make an issue out of it to have the devs consider it? Are the devs reading the general section here also?

Any news on this?

I like the new narrow scroll bars personally.

Seriously TOO SMALL… when I have to press my face against the monitor to find them… that’s to small :slight_smile:

Now that I’m using Cubase …half the day I’m walking around with a SONY emblem etched on my forehead because I had to get so close to the monitor to see them…lol

+1.

That’s nothing. I had to get so close to see the scroll bar that the video cable got stuck in my nose. :astonished:

Go into the plugin manager. Try to find the scrollbar! It’s not just small, it’s invisible until the mouse happens to wander into the right zone. This is extremely poor UI design judgment IMO. There are many places where this issue needs to be addressed.

However, the name of the tracks is so fat that we need to step back to breathe!

+1. Please return the normal size scroll bars EVERYWHERE in Cubase. We can afford big monitors now so this is not going to a real estate issue.