Cubase 6.5 the fastest and trouble-free Cubase?

Is it just me, or the new features don’t really outweigh the number of issues a lot of people seem to be having?

I guess I have to consider myself one of the “lucky ones” since C8 seems to be running fairly stable on my machine but I am seriously underwhelmed by the new features, even more so about the fact that I don’t like the direction SB is taking since C7. I still haven’t made my peace with the fact that I have to work with the new annoying mixer when there was literally nothing wrong with the 6.5 mixer. Why did they change it? Did anybody ask them to?

Let’s recap (from the SB what’s new in C8 page):

1. Performance boost for more instruments, more tracks and shorter loading/saving times.
    ----I don’t really see much of an improvement between 8 and 7.5, and I know I am not alone on this one. In the few tests that I’ve ran, 8 seemed 1-3% faster.
    “During development, we set up pretty ambitious target benchmarks, and the results speak for themselves.”
    I am afraid they don’t.

2. VCA faders* for complex mixing and automation workflows
    ----Incomplete and poorly implemented. Since the only reason to use a VCA fader over a group fader are the sends, why not simply add the VCA functionality as an option to the group channels?

3. Render in-place: Bounce MIDI and audio parts easily
    ----Incomplete and poorly implemented.

4. Chord pads: A great way to playfully and creatively compose with chords
    ----hmmm, ok, I’ll never use this but others might. The question is, how was this a priority over the long list of features and bug fixes that users have been asking for for quite a while now?

5. Improved windows handling on PC, dockable rack and MediaBay plus a redesigned Track List
    ----This is one very sad joke. Apart from the fact that the new window handling is embarrassing, poorly implemented and buggy, I don’t think anybody has actually asked for it.

6. Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent gives you a world-class virtual acoustic drummer
    ----Whatever. Not saying it’s a bad thing, but who needs a drummer, don’t we all have BFD, SSD, Easy Drummer…?

7. New Virtual Bass Amp, Quadrafuzz v2, Multiband Expander*, Multiband Envelope Shaper* effects
    ----Same as above

8. Allen Morgan Pop-Rock Toolbox: 30 construction kits, each with 25 to 30 audio and MIDI loops
    ----Same as above

9. Plug-in manager: Arrange, sort and group your effects and instruments
    ----Not sure something this trivial should make it to a “10 Reasons to update” list. Really not

10. Mixing updates*: Virgin territories automation mode, direct routing and Wave Meters
    ----Between this and a free beer…I would go for the beer.

Is it just me not seeing it? They added mostly stuff that I don’t think most of us needed, and broke 10 times more features that we actually do need.
Are they testing our staying power?