Split Single Channel Into Multiple Audio Files

I’ve created some audio files on a single channel that i’m going to be using for a sampler. How can i export these multiple audio clips as multiple audio files? Is there a way to do this instead of manually exporting each one?

I pro tools you just select the items in the audio pool and select export clips as files. Thanks!

Tim

You could try to do that using the Render in Place function.

can you explain in more detail? I hit render in place and nothing happens. same thing when i select render setup.

Select the track or events. Select Render Setup. Click on the file setup tab to select file destination and bit depth. Select ‘as separate events’ under the render tab. Choose the other options in accordance with what you need. Press OK.

See the manual for more details about Render in Place.

I followed your instructions exactly and here’s what happened:

• it created a second track with duplicate blank audio tracks
  • i checked the folder that i outputted to and all files have no sound

am i missing a step somewhere?

You might be. Please read the manual for more details. Render in Place is powerful but requires time to understand how to use it. You’ll need to understand all the options to use it properly.

so basically i created a series of “synth gestures” that i recorded. i removed the silence and now i have about 10 chopped audio bits in one channel. I’m trying to get them exported now as separate audio files so i can bring them into kontakt as different samples instruments. Is render in place the right tool for this? it seems like there would be a simpler way.

Probably. Someone else could perhaps help you on this.

I would just use the bounce function on each audio clip

Yes, but you’d have to select the events one at a time to get the desired result. Time consuming if you have a lot of events to process.

The other posters meant well, but were misunderstanding what you want to do. You don’t want to make new, bounced tracks within the project–you want to bounce your final mixes to another folder.

What you’re looking for used to be possible in Cubase. All one had to do was create Loop Regions for each clip, then, through the Export Audio Mixdown dialog, you could choose to export each loop region as a separate file.

Then, Steinberg arbitrarily took that functionality away from Cubase and made it a Nuendo exclusive.

I’ve made a feature request for it. Please make another, as I’ve needed this functionality over and over. Sadly miss it.

This is, I suppose, a price we pay for using a DAW that is actually another DAW.

A macro used be easy to make

ie Select next event / bounce / select next event bounce and so forth

:blush:

Not really. We were attempting to suggest workarounds and solutions.

Specifically, the OP wanted to bounce multiple events to another folder. RIP is one way of doing it. Using bounce is another way, as suggested by RdRm.

There’s probably a better way of doing it.

Agree. A macro could help.

Why not just copy them out of the project audio folder to wherever you want?
Perhaps Exporting Regions as Audio Files from the pool is like what you’re used to.
Read the Op.Man. regarding Pool, perhaps creating a “Library” is more what you want.

Found it guys! here it is!

Cubase 6 - Split audio files (July 2011)

In this section we will show you a quick way to split an audio file into several individual files. This could be useful, for instance, if you want to extract songs from a long live recording or create single files from a sliced drum loop.

1. Import audio file to audio track
    Create a new project and open the pool window by clicking on “Media → Open Pool Window (Ctrl+P)”. Here, you can import the audio file you would like to work with. This audio file can be anything from a live recording to a drum loop. Now, you drag the file from the pool window over to the arrangement window to drop it into an audio track.

2. Cut up the audio event
    Cut up the audio file into single events. You can do so by either using the scissors tool, by positioning the cursor and pressing Alt+X or by holding down the respective modifier (Alt) and using the object selection tool. Alternatively, you can use the detect silence or the hitpoint detection function to cut the event into smaller events (events are no single files, but containers which refer to the original file). Now, you can create individual files from the events.

3. Select all events with “Edit > Select > All on Selected Tracks”
    To create individual files from the events, choose “Select all Events” by right clicking on the track in the track list. Alternatively, you can select the track and choose “Edit > Select > All on Selected Tracks”.

4. Create single regions with “Audio > Advanced > Events or Range as Region”
    Create single regions out of the selected events. Do so by selecting “Audio > Advanced > Events or Range as Region”.

5. “Media > Open Pool Window (Ctrl+P)”
    Now, open the pool window by clicking on “Media > Open Pool Window (Ctrl+P)”. In the pool window you will find that our main file now has a plus icon to the left of it. If you click on the plus icon, a list of the single regions that have been created will drop down.

6. Click on the little plus icon next to the main file and select all regions beneath it
    Select all of these regions in the pool window by clicking on the first region, holding down the shift button and selecting the last region.

7. Select “Audio > Bounce Selection”
    Select “Audio > Bounce Selection” from the audio menu. You will have to select a destination folder and Cubase will bounce the selections to this folder.
    This will make single WAV files out of all the selected regions. These new files will appear in the pool and are located in the destination folder you have specified after executing the “Audio > Bounce Selection” command.

1 Like

Thanks bro, 6 years too late