PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mixer!

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
User avatar
jono not bono
Member
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by jono not bono » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Yes. I absolutely couldn't agree more. Its fine if you have, say, 4 Audio channels showing in the mixconsole haha but when is that likely if you use Cubase?!
Please make me stop buying stuff.

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm

I personally have no issue with the hovering function, and appreciate that it keeps the mixer far cleaner than it would be otherwise. The bar gives me a rough idea of the likes of input gain and filter settings without hovering over anything, as do the knob positions on the channel strip. If I need the know the exact value of something I find no issue just mousing over it. It's not like a real mixer shows you the exact value. Likewise it just shows the physical position of the knob.

PT doesn't show any input gain and filter settings on it's mixer as far as I remember. It doesn't even have channel filter control does it? (Without a plugin) It's certainly not got EQ curves on the mixer, which I find very useful.

I far prefer Cubase's mixer and its modular and scalable functionality. PT's is very rigid with less functionality in comparison. (Although I do like that you can colour the entire channel in PT)
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

User avatar
Rumdrum
Member
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Rumdrum » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:52 pm

Nope. keep it as it is.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 8,5 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

claesbjo
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:33 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by claesbjo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:24 am

I like how it works now, but since many people seems to hate it maybe the hovering could be subject tp a preference setting?
2010 Mac Pro 6-core 3.33 ghz. 24 mb RAM. osx 10.10.1. Cubase 8.0.20, Logic PRO 10.1

Piirka
New Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Piirka » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:46 am

I "hate" it, and don't use it because of the the mixer.

Sorry, back on Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5.5 (and some other software ;) )

The hovering business were irritating me so bad that i actually got a "lump" in my stomach every time I open it.
Took all the fun out of Cubase in my case, so I had to stop using it. I just couldn't show that face to my clients and customers.

Yes, For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mixer.

Jeff Hayat
Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Jeff Hayat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 am

claesbjo wrote:I like how it works now, but since many people seems to hate it maybe the hovering could be subject tp a preference setting?
If anything, it would have to be a pref. Can you imagine the threads on this forum if this feature was permanently disabled? Yikes.

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:29 pm

+1000 !!

Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO who needs to mix quickly with hundreds tracks everyday, the hovering thing is so time consuming it's ridicous.

Why on earth would anybody choose to see less info!??... that's just barmy IMO, it's like saying a proper hardware mixing desk is cluttered because there's too many knobs!;)

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 pm

buzzlegs wrote:+1000 !!

Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO who needs to mix quickly with hundreds tracks everyday, the hovering thing is so time consuming it's ridicous.

Why on earth would anybody choose to see less info!??... that's just barmy IMO, it's like saying a proper hardware mixing desk is cluttered because there's too many knobs!;)
Actually the MixConsole is more like a hardware mixing desk in that it doesn't show the exact values on every knob.

I personally don't need or want to see every single value at all times. That's largely unnecessary information and would be very cluttered IMO.

If you want to see such a mass of information at once so be it, but it's lame to say it's not "pro" to not. Just accept others are different from you in their UI preferences.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:04 pm

barryfell wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:+1000 !!

Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO who needs to mix quickly with hundreds tracks everyday, the hovering thing is so time consuming it's ridicous.

Why on earth would anybody choose to see less info!??... that's just barmy IMO, it's like saying a proper hardware mixing desk is cluttered because there's too many knobs!;)
If you want to see such a mass of information at once so be it, but it's lame to say it's not "pro" to not. Just accept others are different from you in their UI preferences.

Actaully it's not the mass of info that's not Pro, maybe my language was wrong, but it's the silly hovering thing to see the buttons in the mixer/inspector that's completely uncalled for and slows down everything, when you need to mix loads of records a day this hovering thing is totally un-necassary and does slow you down, it's infuriating tbh.

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:28 pm

buzzlegs wrote:
barryfell wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:+1000 !!

Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO who needs to mix quickly with hundreds tracks everyday, the hovering thing is so time consuming it's ridicous.

Why on earth would anybody choose to see less info!??... that's just barmy IMO, it's like saying a proper hardware mixing desk is cluttered because there's too many knobs!;)
If you want to see such a mass of information at once so be it, but it's lame to say it's not "pro" to not. Just accept others are different from you in their UI preferences.

Actaully it's not the mass of info that's not Pro, maybe my language was wrong, but it's the silly hovering thing to see the buttons in the mixer/inspector that's completely uncalled for and slows down everything, when you need to mix loads of records a day this hovering thing is totally un-necassary and does slow you down, it's infuriating tbh.
It's not uncalled for as it keeps the mixer clean. I don't see how there is space for a button, a parameter name, a value and a parameter selector. That's 4 things to fit in one tiny space, so I totally understand why they made it so you just see the name normally and the value and buttons when hovering. It makes good UI sense to me.

The 0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me, and I feel that time may be incurred if there were 4 elements for each slot rather than 1 anyway.

I can't see how they could change it to show everything certain people want. I'm yet to see anyone actually suggest a workable alternative.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:36 pm

barryfell wrote:
It's not uncalled for as it keeps the mixer clean. I don't see how there is space for a button, a parameter name, a value and a parameter selector. That's 4 things to fit in one tiny space, so I totally understand why they made it so you just see the name normally and the value and buttons when hovering. It makes good UI sense to me.

The 0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me, and I feel that time may be incurred if there were 4 elements for each slot rather than 1 anyway.

I can't see how they could change it to show everything certain people want. I'm yet to see anyone actually suggest a workable alternative.


You've obviously not used Cubase 6 then?... loads of room when designed properly!

'0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me'... good for you, when you have to do this literally hundreds of times a day it soon gets annoying as hell and very laborious, how many hours a day do you use Cubase?

One of many problems with the hovering is constantly hitting the wrong place, Steinberg actaully do this in their own tutorial videos for peats sake!!!... it's a design flaw plain and simple. I've been in dozens and dozens of pro studios that use Cubase and every single one of them has problems with the hovering, it's just too fiddly and slow.

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:45 pm

buzzlegs wrote:
barryfell wrote:
It's not uncalled for as it keeps the mixer clean. I don't see how there is space for a button, a parameter name, a value and a parameter selector. That's 4 things to fit in one tiny space, so I totally understand why they made it so you just see the name normally and the value and buttons when hovering. It makes good UI sense to me.

The 0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me, and I feel that time may be incurred if there were 4 elements for each slot rather than 1 anyway.

I can't see how they could change it to show everything certain people want. I'm yet to see anyone actually suggest a workable alternative.
You've obviously not used Cubase 6 then?... loads of room when designed properly!
The Cubase 6 mixer and earlier incarnations looked like a busy mess IMO. I hated them. Such an ugly UI. I stopped using Cubase many years ago when I got sick of how ugly it was. I've just moved back in v8, but would have been happy with v7 as I really liked how the mixer has been updated.
'0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me'... good for you, when you have to do this literally hundreds of times a day it soon gets annoying as hell and very laborious, how many hours a day do you use Cubase?
How many hours a day I use it is irrelevant. As I say, an excess of information would likely induce a similar tiny delay IMO.

I appreciate it annoys you, but don't assume it's annoying/slowing down everyone else.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by silhouette » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:00 pm

barryfell wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
barryfell wrote:
It's not uncalled for as it keeps the mixer clean. I don't see how there is space for a button, a parameter name, a value and a parameter selector. That's 4 things to fit in one tiny space, so I totally understand why they made it so you just see the name normally and the value and buttons when hovering. It makes good UI sense to me.

The 0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me, and I feel that time may be incurred if there were 4 elements for each slot rather than 1 anyway.

I can't see how they could change it to show everything certain people want. I'm yet to see anyone actually suggest a workable alternative.
You've obviously not used Cubase 6 then?... loads of room when designed properly!
The Cubase 6 mixer and earlier incarnations looked like a busy mess IMO. I hated them. Such an ugly UI. I stopped using Cubase many years ago when I got sick of how ugly it was. I've just moved back in v8, but would have been happy with v7 as I really liked how the mixer has been updated.
'0.1s delay in the buttons appearing really isn't a big issue for me'... good for you, when you have to do this literally hundreds of times a day it soon gets annoying as hell and very laborious, how many hours a day do you use Cubase?
How many hours a day I use it is irrelevant. As I say, an excess of information would likely induce a similar tiny delay IMO.

I appreciate it annoys you, but don't assume it's annoying/slowing down everyone else.
Perhaps there should be a preference available to keep the buttons visible or hidden. Seems like a sensible solution and probably less stressful and leading to fewer arguments. Although I guess most of us would leave them hidden except during mix-down - and yes I use Cubase a lot.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
Rumdrum
Member
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Rumdrum » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:02 pm

silhouette wrote:
The Cubase 6 mixer and earlier incarnations looked like a busy mess IMO. I hated them. Such an ugly UI. I stopped using Cubase many years ago when I got sick of how ugly it was. I've just moved back in v8, but would have been happy with v7 as I really liked how the mixer has been updated.


I appreciate it annoys you, but don't assume it's annoying/slowing down everyone else.

+1
Last edited by Rumdrum on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 8,5 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

User avatar
peakae
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Bedroom
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by peakae » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:02 pm

The hovering or "mouse over" thing is just silly. Simply color code right and left edge and done. There is a reason no one uses the "mouse over" on websites anymore, people got annoyed really fast.
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

User avatar
Rumdrum
Member
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Rumdrum » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:05 pm

peakae wrote:The hovering or "mouse over" thing is just silly. Simply color code right and left edge and done. There is a reason no one uses the "mouse over" on websites anymore, people got annoyed really fast.

"People" does not include me. Don't generalize.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 8,5 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:13 pm

barryfell wrote:
The Cubase 6 mixer and earlier incarnations looked like a busy mess IMO. I hated them. Such an ugly UI. I stopped using Cubase many years ago when I got sick of how ugly it was. I've just moved back in v8, but would have been happy with v7 as I really liked how the mixer has been updated.

How many hours a day I use it is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant, it's the MOST important issue if you're a PRO. (it's called Cubase PRO!)

If you didn't like the design of Cubase 6 that's fine, if you like your software to sacrifice speed and useability for prettiness, that's cool, but it's design is much faster to use/mix on and that's a proveable fact.

The clue is in the software title... PRO!, and simply put, the hover thing is not PRO, it's childish and amatuer-ish design and slows down the process of mixing a track, try mixing a bunch of records in a day with very strick deadlines and you'll soon know the importantance of SPEED and USABILITY.

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:20 pm

peakae wrote:The hovering or "mouse over" thing is just silly. Simply color code right and left edge and done. There is a reason no one uses the "mouse over" on websites anymore, people got annoyed really fast.
So make the bar 3 clickable areas rather than 1?
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:26 pm

buzzlegs wrote:
barryfell wrote:
The Cubase 6 mixer and earlier incarnations looked like a busy mess IMO. I hated them. Such an ugly UI. I stopped using Cubase many years ago when I got sick of how ugly it was. I've just moved back in v8, but would have been happy with v7 as I really liked how the mixer has been updated.

How many hours a day I use it is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant, it's the MOST important issue if you're a PRO. (it's called Cubase PRO!)
No it's an issue you have. You don't represent everyone, and certainly not all "pro's".
If you didn't like the design of Cubase 6 that's fine, if you like your software to sacrifice speed and useability for prettiness, that's cool, but it's design is much faster to use/mix on and that's a proveable fact.
Well that's a strawman as i've already said, I don't believe it is any slower. I'd love to hear how you are substantiating your 'provable fact'.
The clue is in the software title... PRO!, and simply put, the hover thing is not PRO, it's childish and amatuer-ish design and slows down the process of mixing a track, try mixing a bunch of records in a day with very strick deadlines and you'll soon know the importantance of SPEED and USABILITY.
I find the C8 mixer faster and more usable than the PT one in many aspects, so take from that what you will.

As I say, don't confuse your own use with everyone's.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

Puma0382
Senior Member
Posts: 1793
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Puma0382 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 pm

buzzlegs wrote: You've obviously not used Cubase 6 then?... loads of room when designed properly!
I have to ask - were you around on the old forums, at v6.0/6.5..?

Then you will remember like me, all the dozens upon dozens of posts whinging and complaining about the (f)ugly and old mixer in Cubase:-
- "Steinberg, when are we getting a redesigned mixer - its 2010 for god's sake..! I want to see Inserts and Sends at the same time"

- "Come on SB, get with the program.! This mixer is way past its sell-by date; ugly, complicated, ergonomically backward, not scaleable. Look at Studio One, or Reaper, or even Reason with their new 'SSL' type console...".

- "I'm telling you, if this doesn't get updated soon, I'm seriously thinking about switching my main DAW".

- "This mixer is OLD Steinberg - we need a better design mixer like NOW..!!"

etc, etc, etc... and on and on it went...

Whats Steinberg to do..?

So, to now.

I, as a couple of others here have said, like the new clean look too. I work on albums (mostly audio) with track counts averaging 70+ As soon as I started 'migrating' to the new v7.0 edition, I admit it did take til v7.5 before I found I was good/comfortable enough (and things were working well enough..!) that I could stop my occasional trips back to v6.5. And, I haven't since.

Having said all that, I'll go with any improvements/solutions from SB, to the 'hovering' access to controls that you and others are continually frustrated and annoyed by - as long as we don't go back to the 'clutter-fest' that was previous to C7
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5, WaveLab Pro v10, Studio One v4.5.4, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:42 pm

barryfell wrote:
No it's an issue you have. You don't represent everyone, and certainly not all "pro's".

Well that's a strawman as i've already said, I don't believe it is any slower. I'd love to hear how you are substantiating your 'provable fact'.
The clue is in the software title... PRO!, and simply put, the hover thing is not PRO, it's childish and amatuer-ish design and slows down the process of mixing a track, try mixing a bunch of records in a day with very strick deadlines and you'll soon know the importantance of SPEED and USABILITY.
I find the C8 mixer faster and more usable than the PT one in many aspects, so take from that what you will.

As I say, don't confuse your own use with everyone's.
How many Pro's do you know?... i mean people who use Cubase every single day for at least 8 hours a day, and get paid for it.

The 'provable' fact is mixing a record in Cubase 6 compared to 8, try it and you'll be amazed at how much faster 6 is when you actaully have real buttons to press instead of aimlessly hovering around trying to make buttons appear!... It's also provable as i've been in a lot of pro studios and spent time with countless professionals who do this all day everyday and every single one of them say the same thing, the hover thing slows you down, it's fiddly and time consuming when you have to do it all day everyday.

Jeff Hayat
Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by Jeff Hayat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:44 pm

buzzlegs wrote: Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO
I like/prefer the hovering thing. and I am a PRO. Which means that you clearly need to get your facts straight.

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Jeff Hayat wrote:
buzzlegs wrote: Anybody who likes/prefers the hovering thing clearly isn't a PRO
I like/prefer the hovering thing. and I am a PRO. Which means that you clearly need to get your facts straight.
Honest question... why on earth would you prefer something that's slower than real buttons, doesn't make any sense.

buzzlegs
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by buzzlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Puma0382 wrote:
buzzlegs wrote: You've obviously not used Cubase 6 then?... loads of room when designed properly!
I have to ask - were you around on the old forums, at v6.0/6.5..?

Then you will remember like me, all the dozens upon dozens of posts whinging and complaining about the (f)ugly and old mixer in Cubase:-
- "Steinberg, when are we getting a redesigned mixer - its 2010 for god's sake..! I want to see Inserts and Sends at the same time"

- "Come on SB, get with the program.! This mixer is way past its sell-by date; ugly, complicated, ergonomically backward, not scaleable. Look at Studio One, or Reaper, or even Reason with their new 'SSL' type console...".

- "I'm telling you, if this doesn't get updated soon, I'm seriously thinking about switching my main DAW".

- "This mixer is OLD Steinberg - we need a better design mixer like NOW..!!"

etc, etc, etc... and on and on it went...

Whats Steinberg to do..?

So, to now.

I, as a couple of others here have said, like the new clean look too. I work on albums (mostly audio) with track counts averaging 70+ As soon as I started 'migrating' to the new v7.0 edition, I admit it did take til v7.5 before I found I was good/comfortable enough (and things were working well enough..!) that I could stop my occasional trips back to v6.5. And, I haven't since.

Having said all that, I'll go with any improvements/solutions from SB, to the 'hovering' access to controls that you and others are continually frustrated and annoyed by - as long as we don't go back to the 'clutter-fest' that was previous to C7

I agree that 6's mixer needed improving!.. that's not the issue, the issue is the hovering around for buttons to appear, fix the hover button issue and all will be good in Cubase land again!;)

barryfell
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: For the love of God, PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mi

Post by barryfell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:53 pm

buzzlegs wrote:
barryfell wrote:
No it's an issue you have. You don't represent everyone, and certainly not all "pro's".

Well that's a strawman as i've already said, I don't believe it is any slower. I'd love to hear how you are substantiating your 'provable fact'.
The clue is in the software title... PRO!, and simply put, the hover thing is not PRO, it's childish and amatuer-ish design and slows down the process of mixing a track, try mixing a bunch of records in a day with very strick deadlines and you'll soon know the importantance of SPEED and USABILITY.
I find the C8 mixer faster and more usable than the PT one in many aspects, so take from that what you will.

As I say, don't confuse your own use with everyone's.
How many Pro's do you know?... i mean people who use Cubase every single day for at least 8 hours a day, and get paid for it.
A few, who i've never heard complain about the mixer. You would provide a stronger argument by referring to the "pro's" in threads like this so you can provide a substantiated basis for your claims. However, what can be observed from them is in fact a range of opinions on it, so since that doesn't appear to suit your agenda I guess that's why you are turning to personal anecdotes.
The 'provable' fact is mixing a record in Cubase 6 compared to 8, try it and you'll be amazed at how much faster 6 is when you actaully have real buttons to press instead of aimlessly hovering around trying to make buttons appear!... It's also provable as i've been in a lot of pro studios and spent time with countless professionals who do this all day everyday and every single one of them say the same thing, the hover thing slows you down, it's fiddly and time consuming when you have to do it all day everyday.
You're anecdotal stories mean little when coming from a position as clearly biased as you seem to be. As I say, there is a range of opinion from members on this forum, many of them who use it every day, so i'll refer to that substantiated fact rather than your unsubstantiated claims of "proof" that it's slower.
Windows 10 / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64

Locked

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest