PLEASE eliminate hovering in the mixer!

You’d need to show which one takes longer though. What may take you longer may not take someone else longer. You can’t speak for everyone.

Add to the above arguments :

• Comparing of values on different channels
    ( I do that constantly, when setting up headphone mixes, or with effect sends ).
    Nothing can be faster, than seeing all values at a glance.

With the hovering, I have to move the mouse to all values, I want to compare.
If I take it away to the next value, the first vanishes.
I have to keep it in mind …
That is as bad a design as it can get !
:neutral_face: >

• Mouse acrobat.
    Currently, you have to do acrobatic mouse gestures, to make the mixer show multiple values in a row.
    Maybe some high end game players can be as fast, on the hovering mixer,
    as an average ‘mouser’, on a standard mixer.
    This again, is bad design.

That’s an idea that neglects the practical issues of showing all values at once though rather than showing what the parameters actually are.

You should be thankful it even shows you the value when you hover. Most DAWs only show the value once you open the plugin.

Which DAW mixers show all their parameter values on the channel strip? Certainly not the major ones from my knowledge. C8’s maxconsole is the most informative at a glance I can think of.

Missing buttons, due to them being small, doesn’t hold.
As You can read everywhere on this forum, that missing buttons is a big issue, on the current mixer.
I can assure You, that there where near to none threads about missing buttons, prior V7 !

Well of course there weren’t complaints about missing buttons prior v7, as they were all on display. The complaints were about the cluttered mess that meant.

AND the hovering problems have nothing to do with free adjustable mixer sizing.
Talking about buttons …
Another big step back to ‘bad design’, are the buttons are all looking the same.
Different shapes where way more intuitive and faster to find.
Add the low contrast labels and you’re slowed down even more !

To the contrary they have everything to do with the freely adjustable mixer sizing. If the channels were of a fix wide width there would be no problem having permanent buttons. It’s precisely because the channels can be made so narrow that hover buttons are required, since multiple buttons can’t be effectively collapsed to fit a narrow channel width.

From memory channels pre v7 were of fixed width weren’t they? I know i’d prefer scalable channel width and i’m happy to have hover buttons to make that viable.