I need to make quicktimes quickly and easily

+1

Still crying out for this. +99999999999999999999

It drives me nuts having to open QT Pro and Add to Movie at the right spot - or at least the right spot plus two frames because QT Pro in Windows is so shonky.

My tears of laughter are turning to tears of frustration.

Could you expand a bit, on this process?

Thanx!

Yep, +1

Hi GTBannah.

Sure. I believe it is a “quirk” of the QT Pro app (on Windows at least)(?).

To pass a preview video with my sound to clients I export the audio from Nuendo, noting the timecode position I exported from. I then open Quicktime Pro, open the original video, go to Show Movie Properties, delete the Sound track from the movie properties, go back to the main movie viewer screen, locate the timecode position I want to drop in at, move the pointer an additional two frames to the right with the right cursor key (if I don’t do this step the audio I lay in plays approximately 2 frames early), open in QT Pro the audio I exported earlier, select all and copy, go back to the movie, then Add to Movie, then either select the portion of the movie I want to share, paste into a new MOV, or save as-is, or export to a new format like MP4 or other.

I’m quite adept at doing this now, but I’d much prefer to hit “Export to Video” in Nuendo, given that I do this maybe 10 times a week, more often when working on short material back-and-forth.

Is that enough information on the process GTBannah?

Cheers.

+1

+1 Logic can do this, too

Sorry for the late response! I’ve been on other stuff for a while.

Just reading that made me DIZZY! It is so roundabout!

I came over here from Pro Tools because of unpredictable , un-explainable error messages and, more topically, erratic refusal to import audio from video files.

The “bounce to video” function is indeed a necessary and professional “basic” feature; and this is coming from a mere hobbyist post person at this time.

or even if not quicktime (which is a wrapper with costs to license) - an open standard such as mpeg 4. Just discovered this thread. I agree, quite a significant feature gap to not have such a basic ability for handling vision-in-bounce.

The video on the web site mentions, “Render In Place”, among the highlights.

Nope! That doesn’t apply to Video, only audio. Still hoping, though …

Watch my video:

Yes. I remember watching this before. Quite a comprehensive list, too!

Let’s hope they implement them over time.

If Pro Tolls can do it in Windows Nuendo should too.

ProTools does on Mac, too.

Regardless of who else can and can’t… Nuendo should. Thinking of the number of times I had to jump through hoops, make copies of originals, occasionally forget and mess up said originals…

It is just long, long overdue.

Chewy

I feel your pain … :laughing:

I’d like to have this feature. +1

+1

Badly needed!

God, yes…