Cubase Al5 When i speak my voice enters headphones 1 second

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
vinceiliffe

Cubase Al5 When i speak my voice enters headphones 1 second

Post by vinceiliffe »

Hi hope someone can help, just reloaded cubase on new laptop, got mic working through yamaha audiogram 6 usb interface on phantom power, through messing around for days i have eventually got the program to record from the mic but when i sing / speak the sound comes through the headphones a second later which is really offputting, ive had this problem before when i reloaded program but cant remember what buttons i pressed to resolve the issue, ive tried everything i can think of even youtube someone said about "latency?" but this hasnt got the feature to alter? im at a loss now but im sure its something simple staring me in the face. thanks Vince :)

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase Al5 When i speak my voice enters headphones 1 sec

Post by jaslan »

Go to Devices... Device Setup... There you can open the control panel to the audio device and adjust the latency.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

vinceiliffe

Post by vinceiliffe »

my version doesnt seem to allow you to alter the latency, just tells you what the level is but in control panel theres no feature to alter it?

BriHar

Post by BriHar »

Do you have an option to activate direct monitoring?
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 10.5.20 - 64bit | Cubase AI 10.5 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”