WL keeps losing Audio Connections

I get this about every second day but ALWAYS when I load a file that has a different sample rate than the one previously loaded. Example - I have a 44.1/16 bit file in the editor and then open a 24/96 file. WL completely dies and no amount of pressing, prodding or clicking will get it to actually start. Have to kill the entire session.

Bloody annoying.

(Sidenote - before anyone chimes in to say “click this in Options or Click that under VST connections” - trust me when I say - I have clicked everything that is possible to click with no success)

But - if I load up Studio One Pro on the same computer with the same RME Multiface - I can load and play files of all different sample rates and bit depths all day long without the slightest hint of any issues. Same for iZotope RX4.

Since RME and Steinberg reside in the same country and presumably have good working relationship - it surprises me (and disappoints) that they cannot get their collective heads together and get a working layout.

Given Wavelabs “professional” status - you would think it would be one of the major apps that would have no issues like this.

VP