Nuendo + NEK should be able to open the Cubase Pro app.

Yes, Nuendo opens Cubase projects seemingly flawlessly (even going back and forth between Nuendo 6.5 and Cubase 8!), which is great, but the funny thing is that that makes me realize even more that these are for all intents and purposes the same program. Cubase is just Nuendo Lite, or Nuendo is really Cubase POST. The fact that the files are so interchangeable really hammers it home for me.

And I’m not suggesting that Nuendo users get a separate Cubase license that we could have on two different dongles, but that the Nuendo +NEK license should be able to open up the Cubase Pro app. Yes, what is the harm in that? It seems like the right way to treat the customers that are paying a huge premium for the pro app (that really is Cubase Pro with a few key features added).

Ben

And PS: This is happening because I downloaded the Cubase Pro Trial, which expires in 9 days for me now. I really enjoy the new features, but I’m really not happy to pay the $299 it would cost to upgrade my old Cubase 4 license. Especially as I’m about to drop another few hundred on the Nuendo update whenever that comes out ---- thereby making the Cubase Pro license pretty obsolete. I know what the counter argument to this is going to be: “it’s my choice on weather or not to upgrade/buy Cubase and I don’t have too…”, or whatever. I just think it’s silly that we have to make that decision to spend more money on a light version of the expensive app we’ve all used for years.