Sound Libraries for HALion 5 on patchpool

This new demo features 3 HALion 5-patches from Aureus Ventus, all the flute phrases were played on the combination of the middle and the bottom part of the flute without the mouthpiece (Pars-pro-Toto technique invented by Andreas Mazur). I preserved all microtonal things, the phrases can be coarse- and finetuned with Macros, sample start can be altered with another Macro, then there will be a second key-switchable granular layer where you can also determine sample speed. I haven’t cut all of the phrases from the second recording session yet, there is more to come, and also we recorded single notes with all possible pitches from that combination. The background sounds (also the choir-like pad) in the demo are flutes mixed with bowed crotales and electronic derivatives of bowed singing bowls.

and here is a video for Granular Flute Flaps:

Here comes a rather epic demo using two new patches from Aureus Ventus. The gong patch uses samples I made by scanning my wind gong with a S57 very closely after attacking it with a soft beater capturing all these amazing overtones, the mono signal was processed with a slow Uhbik stereo tremolator so the drone moves around your head. A U87 and a Sure KSM 141 both running in omnidirectional mode are picking up the stereo image from about 60 cm distance. There are 2 key-switchable versions, one using 4 velocities and the other one using 3x round robins with soft attacks only, the sustained drones are crossfade-loope so you can bathe in them for hours :slight_smile:

The string sounds were made from cello, violin and Kaleidoscope sources, a multi-zone granular patch.

Here comes a demo combining two new patches which make use of samples, shaking rubber balls inside the Hang instrument, creating those fascinating pentatonic textures. One patch uses two of those textures layered with their electronic derivatives, one pair on each side of the keyboard, all samples playing in granular mode with sample speed control and other granular goodies, filter stuff, FX etc.

The other patch uses all 4 of those texture split across the keyboard in normal sampling mode, 2 octaves each, plenty of controls for filtering, pan modulation, FX etc are available.

There is an audio demo:

…and a video showing all the automation I did in LogicX, automating the Macros, the Sphere, Aftertouch and the Modwheel.

Here comes a demo for the patch Break Drums 4Vel 3RR, which uses samples of these 4 break discs:

I transposed each of the 4 sampled pitches up and down, making for 240 keyzones altogether in HALion 5, so that you get a 4 octave instrument with 4 velocity layers and 3x round robin. All controllers and Macros were used in the demo, tweaking them on the fly in several passes after jamming in/editing the Midi notes. Everything you hear is Halion, nothing else.

Four new HALion 5-patches from Aureus Ventus in this ambient groove demo, one of the bass patches uses processed timpani sounds, the main pluck sound is made from a lip/embouchure sample from the flute player, the pads/drones are all derived from flute sounds:

Here are some close-ups of the different flute combos from the Pars-pro-Toto technique used in this library, invented by Andreas Mazur:

Still so much to record, edit, cut and patchify, but it will be a great collection of instruments and ambiences in this library. ETA now is May 30th.

And here comes an epic soundtrack.demo featuring a handful of fresh patches from Aureus Ventus, also highlighting several “Whale Drum” sounds, made from rubbing a giant ocean drum and some concert toms with differently sized rubber balls which makes for some amazing sub-bass frequencies and moaning mayhem.

Here comes a demo for the HALion 5-patch “Mellow Flute Pad” from Aureus Ventus, using several multisampled high flutes played on the combination of middle and bottom part of the flute (non vibrato for velocities up to 90, vibrato for velocities above 75, velocity crossfade is engaged), and in the low register there is a big bass flute swell, all samples play in granular mode, a synth pad is layered in a second layer (it has a volume Macro assigned). I am using all the Macros and controllers (Modwheel/Aftertouch) in the video. This patch is really nice and warm, and so expressive…

Three finalized patches in one slightly mysterious night improvisation. Improvised with each patch in three passes altogether, then added more Macro/Controller automation in 3 additional passes. HALion rocks!

Bassflute Hamonics meet Brake Drum Clusters, another 2 finalized patches:

Here is a video in which I explaining the patch “Pars-Pro-Toto-Flute 2” which uses chromatically sampled notes with non-vibrato and vibrato, and you can crossfade between the two using the Modwheel. Some notes also have up to 3 round robin alternations, depending on the available alternations in the scale inventend by the flute player Andres Mazur (he wrote a whole published book about this technique with chromatic scales and flap-images for each note, so that everybody who dares can actually learn this ). Everything else is explaind in the video…

Finished this bass flute patch today, 6 notes per octave sampled between B1 - C4, long swelling and decaying notes with an accent, 2x round robin each, you can shift the sample start of the swells towards the beginning of the vibrato phase with the Modwheel, skipping the very soft attack phase, so that you can also play faster vibrato lines. The other patch is Flute Particles, combining layered granular flutes with a HALion synth module.

Improvised in two passes:

and something from last night, 3 patches in this dark ambient demo track:

Here is a bunch of finalized patches in one slightly world music inspired, ambient soundtrack, including a crotales sequencer, granular bassflutes, deep drums, a lead flute (the Pars-Pro-Toto-flute explained in the video above) and a sound bowl synth.

A video explaining/demonstrating the granular patch “Mysterious Flute Scanner” which is basically 3 keyswitchable patch variations in one preset:

A rather epic ambient track featuring three finalized patches from this library. I am now at 101 patches and roughly 4 GB of samples, on Tuesday there shall be the sample lock, it’s already a huge library.

Another rather elaborate video explaining three more patches from Aureus Ventus:

I am now at 107 presets and 4 GB of samples, and I’m forcing myself to stop it now :slight_smile:

A new demo featuring three finalized patches, one being the Glockenspiel Synth which has 3 key-switchable variations in one preset, KS 1 → pure, KS 2 - > unison mode with detunable voices (Modwheel), KS 3 → combined with a HALion synth module - 3 velocity layers/3x round robin. The other 2 patches are Granular Violins (multisampled/chromatically sampled violin, long bowing) and Bamboo Resonances.

Explaining two break drum presets from Aureus Ventus in this video:

All patches are ready and I am now writing the PDF for this library. I’ll post some more vids and demos during the next days. Whoever is on the fence about this, grab it soon if you want to save some money.

There’ll be 107 patches and 3.99 GB of original samples in this library.

Explaining three whale drum patches from this library in this video:

Probably the last audio demo for Aureus Ventus, four patches in this rather nice and warm pad feature:

Explaining three glockenpspiel patches from Aureus Ventus in this video:

EDIT:

Demonstrating several crotales patches rom this library: