What mouse are you using?

I wonder if actually being forced to move the hand away from the mouse now and then helps keep RMI (repetitive motion injury) at bay a little bit?

With key commands, I almost never take my hand off the mouse. I can do just about any key command with just my left hand and the right hand stays on the mouse. And, with mouse modifiers (shift, ctrl, alt) you obviously still need to have a hand in the mouse. A mouse button, just means you may not need to use your left hand too.

Problem I have is the 4 extra buttons on the side of my mouse (2 each side) are a bit fiddly to use as the mouse is quite small. I like the size of the mouse as I just grip it with the tips of my thumb and fingersand move my fingers, but my wrist stays pretty still. I don’t “palm” the mouse.
I looked at the dimensions of the MX Master and it looks petty huge. I think you would need to “palm” that mouse, which would make using the thumb wheel easy, but maybe not suit my mouse style.

same here :smiley:

On my general purpose computer I use a completely different shaped pointing device (it looks like a joystick but doesn’t tilt) than on my DAW just to mix up how my hand gets used.

I’ve been using Logitech Performance MX a long time ago.
It’s my 4th, and I love it…
I hope they don’t discontinue it…

func. well price and comfortable. much better than standard types.

if would change i would add more weight… I like a heavy mouse. :smiling_imp:

I can recommend mmo gaming mice for working :wink:

Raza Naga for example. 12 buttons on the side plus some on top of the mouse are pretty awesome.

you should try a wide grip, like func. it lets you grip between all fingers instead of just thumb and fore fingers. weighty mouse let you fingers grip as the weight seems to counteract gripping…

Hows the tracking with this?

Hi BriHar, Is this a real USB mouse and are the rotary wheels actually working?
Cheers!

I use a simple Logitech BT mouse now but I’m considering these two:

http://griffintechnology.com/powermate-bluetooth

Does someone has real life experience with the Griffin Powermate USB / bluetooth version or the 3dconnexion SpaceMouse® Family? They look very cool but I wonder if they actually work properly with Cubase?
Cheers!

Yes it was a promotional item from Roland-Boss. Not the most comfortable mouse but does everything a standard mouse should. The wheel on the side is like a scroll wheel but minus the click.

Is there anybody that has some experience with the Logitech Mx Master mouse. I just got one but i can’t get it to do the things i want to. i did set-up in logitech options software but it don’t seem to work.

anybody any ideas?

For those using the MX Master, I found a way to use the side scroll wheel in Cubase.

X Mouse Button Control

It lets you assign custom actions to mouse buttons as well as remap. The assignments can be system wide or application specific. I have it set just to work when for Cubase.

I have set it to send “Simulated Keys {SHIFT}{MWUP}” when I scroll left and “Simulated Keys {SHIFT}{MWDN}” when I scroll right.

I have also set it to reverse the regular scroll when when SHIFT is held down. This means that when I do use shift to scroll left and right, the mouse wheel works the same way as it does in every other Windows program (up moves left, down moves right).

This will work for any mouse if you want to enable side scrolling or you want SHIFT + mousewheel to behave like most other programs, not just the MX Master.

Here are some screenshots in case it’s a bit confusing.

Hope that helps someone.

Rich

Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse. Love it!

I’m trying to set up the mx master,. Cant seem to get the horizontal scrolling working.

Logitech trackball. As I use a mouse all day for work I use a trackball just to change the usage profile of my hand and wrist in a bid to hopefully reduce RSI.

Logitech G500S

i always find myself returning to the plain, simple and cheap microsoft intellimouse.

i have gone through your most expensive logitechs, but there has always been something wrong; whether it’s been down to my claw grip being incompatible with most of them, the weigth, the stiffness of the middle-button press (which is important in cubase), or the lack of movement precision with any wireless model, i’ve always had to throw the towel in pretty shortly and go back to the microsoft mouse. i am still waiting for a model to drop that would combine the ergnomics of the intellimouse with more buttons / macro options. perhaps the razers?