RE : Artist 6 to Artist 8 (reinstallation?)

Hi Benji,

I managed to gain some insight today mate:

My PC shop does have a pure WINDOWS OS CD. My Win8 has the (full) DELL Windows OS loaded on at the moment. So yes, I can get the bare bones version. He said they might just charge me 20 quid for that part.

Regarding the SSD, they use their own supplier where obviously they get devices at TRADE price. He looked at its but they do not have a SAMSUNG 500GB SSD. He said if I purchase a SSD elsewhere then they would not be able to fit it and also (if someone else fitted it) then it would void the WARRANTY on the Win8 PC. However, if I purchase the SSD via the store, and they fit it (which obviously they would in this case) then they will give me a extra 2 x years WARRANTY on the SSD.

However, the SAMSUNG are very expensive. The guy suggested (which he now uses himself instead of SAMSUNG) a 500GB SSD for only £180 made by a company CRUCIAL. He said these are excellent and he has never had one fail as yet. I checked with a couple of mates of mine and one uses CRUCIAL for his RAM upgrade and another uses a CRUCIAL SSD in his MAC. In fact, he said that the MAC shop actually recommended CRUCIAL for their MacBooks!

Best,

Paul